Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me restore these two pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me restore these two pictures?

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could have a look at these two pictures to see if they can restore them. I've uploaded them to Photobucket and hope i have pasted them to this thread properly. When i scanned them some time ago i scanned them in 300dpi. But if need to redo them due to being too small to restore then please let me know.

They are both of my great grandmother one in early life and one that must be not long before she passed away in 1945. Also, i'd like to see if we can guess a close age of my great grandmother on the youngest photo so i can see what year the picture would have been taken.

Thanks
    Craig

They are very small only 2 inches by 1 inch so they become pixilated when expanded to work on and you cannot get a good restore.they do need to be rescanned a bigger size for a better restore.

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

Ok Alan thanks, I'll see if i can redo the younger one.
      Craig

Comment

Unfortunately i have mislaid the picture of my great nan but will continue to hunt it down. In the meantime, is it possible to have a look and see if you can do anything with this picture. For black and white pictures is it better to scan them colour or grayscale? I scanned the picture below on 600 dpi.

I downloaded GIMP the other day and had a look at it to see if i could attempt to have a go myself but no such luck. Still haven't a clue. I did see a GIMP guide in the shops but will not pay the cover price.

Thanks

Last edited by cpdavis35; 18-04-15, 13:59.
        Craig

Comment

Will have a go but it will be early next week.
          I have not used Gimp, but there is a lot of of help on how to use it on Youtube
          Alan

ALAN

Comment

not very good

ALAN

Comment

Thank you so much.
              Craig

Comment

Working...
              X