Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edward james doherty and ada louise bestel

i thought i had posted on this, but can't see a thread? so here goes:

ada louise bestel b.19 aug 1886 fitzroy, victoria, australia. daughter of nicles fernand bestel and margaret sheehan. i cannot figure out what happened to her. this is what i know:

3 may 1915- listed as 'cousin' of edward james doherty, who enlisted in the army. (papers on the national archives of australia site) her address given as 43 gore st, fitzroy.

24 aug 1921- death of her father at 45 brunswick st, fitzroy. she is the informant 'ada louise doherty, daughter, lock park, traralgon'.

1924- electoral roll, ada louise doherty, home duties and edward james doherty, traveller, both living at 13 green st, prahran.

i can find no further reference to either after the 1924 electoral roll. edward james doherty was b.1873, williamstown, son of william doherty and fanny rebecca scales. they are both from clare, ireland. ada's father was from mauritius, and her mother's parents were from antrim and cork. so they are not blood relations. edward's army enlistment papers state he is married, but separated, so i think ada was the mistress. but i cannot find anything on a first wife for edward, nor a marriage to ada. so i suspect maybe they were never married. but i cannot find any deaths, and am at a complete loss. she is not a wittness to siblings marriages, nor their deaths.
Working...
X