Lived in Hammersmith but schooled in Stepney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lived in Hammersmith but schooled in Stepney

why would a child born in Hammersmith, be here in Stepney in 1871 but parents are still in Hammersmith ?

The Workhouse Commonly Called The Childrens Establishment

did the parents have a link to Stepney?
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

hello Sylvia thanks for looking ,not that I can find ,and he was the only child in the family to be schooled there.
      Last edited by Guest; 27-03-15, 12:46.

Comment

all the information on the school that I found said that the children admitted to the school had to be from Stepney ..... that was what made me wonder if there was a family link
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Page 22/23 and Charles is on Page 30

Looks like William and George are orphans although it is on the Discharge page.

Val if you are referring to William Brown, it looks as if the children came in from Fulham. That could have been the workhouse in Fulham Palace Rd (Hammersmith and Fulham). No records for admission there for relevant dates unfortunately. They don't appear in the Admissions Register for Fulham Road Workhouse
          (Westminster)

Not sure this is on the right thread

Vera

Comment

hi and thanks Sylvia see what you mean, and Vera both parents were alive died 1878 and 1884 so they they weren't orphans.
            I am trying to find a William Brown born 1859 Hammersmith in 1871 and 1881 not with parents William and Elizabeth.

Comment

Working...
            X