Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drouin Collection: French translation help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drouin Collection: French translation help!

I'm pretty new to this whole family history thing but I'm making some good headway in Quebec lately. I've found what I believe to be the names of the parents of someone in my line but I can't read it! I sent this to my friend who is Belgian but he had a hard time. Is there anyone here that is familiar with the Drouin Collection that might know the formatting of these records a bit better? The first one is a baptism record. Any help would be great!

http://www.familytreeforum.com/forum...esearch-Offers look up PascalMallet and Moorea on the look up offers in this link if you cant find help with it.
    Welcome to Family Tree Forum

Edna
    Last edited by clematised; 25-03-15, 17:20.

Comment

My attempt at the second one:
      The twenty-four(th) July 1832, we priest undersigned, have buried in Becancour Cemetery EUSTACHE HOULE, who has resided in this parish for several years, son of JOSEPH HOULE and ANGELIQUE HOULE, (who) died the day before yesterday at this place, aged 70 years, fortified by all the succour of the Church. Present: AntoinE Varville, Luc Pepin and Jean Bellefeuille who declared they could not sign, of this ?
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

The first is hard to read but it is the baptism of Eustache Houle:

The 11th February 1807, by us ..... (can't read) Eustache, born yesterday of the legitimate marriage of Eustache Houle farmer (could be ag. lab.?) and Louise Chartier, the godfather was Joseph Houle and the godmother was Marie Fra--- (can't read) ?, grandfather and grandmother of the child, who ? (can't read) and the father stated they could not sign.
        (
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
          The first is hard to read but it is the baptism of Eustache Houle:

The 11th February 1807, we the undersigned priest curate, baptised Eustache, born yesterday of the legitimate marriage of Eustache Houle farmer (could be ag. lab.?) and Louise Chartier, the godfather was Joseph Houle and the godmother was Marie Francoise (can't make out her surname), grandfather and grandmother of the child, who (can't read) and the father stated they could not sign (literally - did not know how to sign)
          (
          Just adding a bit more to Elizabeth's translation for the baptism record - the bits in bold. It's just a feeling - and I stand to be corrected by a native French speaker - that cultivateur is more likely farmer/grower than ag lab.
          I agree with Elizabeth's translation of the burial record and like her can't make out the final word.

Christine
          Researching:
          HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

So are there two people named Eustache? Father and son?

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
              the godmother was Marie Fra--- (can't read)
              I've had a look at the image on Ancestry and it's Marie Françoise; her surname's very hard to read, but I think it may be Chartier, like Louise.
              Last edited by Mary from Italy; 26-03-15, 17:47.

Comment

Originally posted by natehoule View Post
                So are there two people named Eustache? Father and son?
                That's right.

Comment

Working...
                X