Bing browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bing browser

This morning I got the Bing browser on my PC. We I clicked the chrome button it went directly to Bing. We have reset it to our usual start page but I'm wondering if anything else is lurking because of it. I've scrolled down add/remove programs and today there is Host App Service listed as being downloaded, publisher Pokki.

When I clicked uninstal I got a warning screen saying the following applications are dependent on Host App Service and will also be uninstalled: Start Menu, PC App store, Farmville 2. Uninstalling Host App and all of the applications listed above cannot be undone

OOOOOOPS! Flicking back and forth to get the wording I've clicked OK and it's uninstalled. I was going to ask whether my start button would disappear but it's still there.

Should I be panicking about anything or am I overreacting????
    Rose

It's ok to leave Pokki on, it doesn't do any harm. I have left it there in Windows 8.

Microsoft would just love you to use Bing as your search engine as they own it. It can also appear on your machine when you download some programs which is why you should always watch like a hawk when you download and/or upgrade stuff. Untick the box(es) of any extras you don't want when you download anything.
    I don't have Chrome but use IE11. In the options there is a section called manage your add-ons. Chrome will have something similar. Find your way to whatever they call it and look for the search option and then add new search option. Choose whichever search tool you would rather have and add it to the list. Once you have more than one in your list, you can then untick the default box for Bing and then remove it from your list. The one that is left should now automatically have become the default. Also make sure that in this section you tick the box to prevent other programmes making changes to your preferred search option.

Comment

Working...
    X