Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website link for interpreting BMD entries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website link for interpreting BMD entries?

I'm sure someone asked this recently, but I can't find the thread. :(

I want to interpret the marriage record of a couple by the volume and page number, which I believe is possible. I'm trying to narrow down where they married.

Can someone please put me out of my misery - and apologies!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

I've got this one bookmarked - no idea what the coverage is like!
    Elaine

Comment

Another option - is the entry available on UKBMD. Sometimes helps to define a specific place, rather than a more general registration district.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Elaine. The Marriage Locator was the website I was thinking of. I have a marriage for the Grantham registration district that isn't showing up in the PRs.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

It wasn't able to give me the church but said this:

Sorry, we cannot locate the church for this marriage. The entry is located between entries for Beckingham (RD: Gainsborough) and Grantham St Wulfrum (RD: Grantham).
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

A very useful idea, but rather a limited coverage at present. I haven't been able to make any use of it at all

Jay
            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Have you checked FreeReg and FMP ?
              Elaine

Comment

I've now discovered the couple married at Boothby Pagnell, although I'm not sure where the information came from.
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
                X