Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routers

Hi all

You may recall that I recently changed my ISP from Virgin to TalkTalk who sent me their router. However I now have 2 Virgin routers (plus ethernet cables and microfilters etc), one of which I have only had since last July. What can I do with them - is it any use me giving them to the charity shops or are they of no use to anyone?

Bev
    Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

I quite often see routers advertised on my local freegle site so I imagine you would get some takers...

More info here:
    Freegle - like online dating for stuff. Got stuff you don't need? Looking for something? We'll match you with someone local. All completely free.

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Hi Christine

Thanks for your reply. My nearest one is around Brighton area (about 30 miles away) but I will still give it a go.

Bev
      Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Comment

if they are wireless routers there would be nothing stopping you using them your around house to give you an extened wireless network (with the using of some addition euipment). It's what I've done with my old Sky routers

Comment

OK dermotdjt - thanks for that.

Christine - BTW I think I had a senior moment, for some reason you say freegle and I think gumtree!

Comment

Originally posted by r642611 View Post
            OK dermotdjt - thanks for that.

Christine - BTW I think I had a senior moment, for some reason you say freegle and I think gumtree!
            Tell me about it - we all have them!
            There seem to be plenty of freegle groups on the Sussex coast so hope you can find one local to you if freegling turns out to be the best option for offloading your routers.

Christine
            Last edited by Karamazov; 25-03-15, 14:19.
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Working...
            X