Commander 1919
    RN officers medal Roll 1914-1920
    died 1970 London
    Thanks for looking
    Alan

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

A few references to him in the London Gazette.
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

His service record is available at The National Archives, and can be downloaded for a small charge (ref: ADM 196/148/145)

Also, you should consider contacting Repton - I did some work on a WW1 army officer for a client recently, and he had been to Repton. They have an archivist who was very helpful - supplying school records, and photos.

Last edited by AntonyM; 16-03-15, 08:32.
      Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
      Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thank you for your help I have proceeded with both of your suggestions and have the record from National archives, London Gazette and looking into Repton.
        Alan

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

Times - death notices. Wednesday, June 24, 1970; page 20.

Mundy-Cox - On June 20th, 1970, peacefully in hospital. Robert Commander R.N., retired aged 70, only son of the late Dr. W. Munday-Cox M.C., loved by Bini[?] and Catherine. Funeral service at Mortlake crematorium on Thursday, June 25th, at 11.20 a.m. Flowers to W.G. Miller, 95 Essex Road, Islington, London, N.1

There are a couple of other references to him but I think they are repeats from the London Gazette. Try your local library to see if they are subscribers to the Times archive.
          Phil
          historyhouse.co.uk
          Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Working...
          X