Family tree dilemma. Help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family tree dilemma. Help please?

I have been given a family tree to copy done on the back of some wallpaper, 4ft in length and very small type! I should be very pleased, ( I am really) but I have found it impossible to scan or photo it for my records. Even attempts at A3 scanning at the library don't help as it's too much of a jigsaw.
    Please has anyone got any ideas as to how I can copy it so I don't have to resort to hand writing the whole thing?
    Does anyone know there anywhere that has larger photo copy facilities, do Universities have that facility? (we have 2 here).
    Thanks
    Twiglet
    Twiglet

Is there a local Printers around that you could talk to they may be able to copy it for you.

Edna

Comment

I know it's not much help twiglet, but you might be better just adding a family at a time into a tree program like FTM, I know that it is laborious but by doing a family at a time it really breaks it down and then you will have the ability to save it as a GEDCOM and then send it to a Genealogy Printing place to get it printed off beautifully. It will also allow you to create PDF's and it will be easier to share and get multiple trees sorted.

I have been doing this with a BIG tree that I had sent to me, and I can slowly see the light at the end of the tunnel

good luck :smilee:
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie & Edna. Food for thought.

Twiglet
        Twiglet

Comment

Originally posted by TwigletNumber5 View Post
          I have been given a family tree to copy done on the back of some wallpaper, 4ft in length and very small type! I should be very pleased, ( I am really) but I have found it impossible to scan or photo it for my records. Even attempts at A3 scanning at the library don't help as it's too much of a jigsaw.
          Please has anyone got any ideas as to how I can copy it so I don't have to resort to hand writing the whole thing?
          Does anyone know there anywhere that has larger photo copy facilities, do Universities have that facility? (we have 2 here).
          Thanks
          Twiglet
          A local copy shop should be able to scan and print it for you.

Have a look at this website http://www.storetec.net/services/doc...va3RoCMjjw_wcB

In the UK I have also used Staples which is an office supplies company who do photocopying for architects drawings and the like so they may be able to help

Margaret

Comment

Faced with this problem (I inherited several handwritten trees but not on this scale) I did as has been suggested, and fed twigs into my FTM tree. That way, any inconsistencies came to light one at a time, rather than having a complete jigsaw with wrong-shaped bits all over the place.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thankyou for your suggestion Margaret & John.
              I have since found a couple of inconsistencies, so have decided to go with just my own proven searches for now.
              Twiglet

Comment

Working...
              X