Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Foster/Forster b circa 1791/1792 possibly in area of cheshire around Astbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Foster/Forster b circa 1791/1792 possibly in area of cheshire around Astbury

I am so sorry, I need yet more help!

George Foster/Forster (variable it seems) was born in 1791/1792 in either Sandbach or Astbury, Cheshire - he died in 1828 in Loachbrook, Astbury, Cheshire. The above details including the below marriage are, I am as certain as I can be, correct. I have marriage entry for him - Prestbury St. Peter, Cheshire - living in Odd Rode/Saltersford cum Kettleshulme at time of marriage. Other than the children he had (4) I have never definitely found out more about him that is likely to be correct.

His parents are uncertain - it has been suggested that he is the illegitimate child of Alice Vernon 1773 - 1846 and Isaac FOSTER 1760 - 1811. They married a year after his birth. He would probably have been born in Goostrey cum Barnshaw if he was the child of the above couple.

Whoever's child he was he married Jane Bebbington b19.3.1797 Somerford - d 21.9.1852 Astbury, Cheshire - they had 4 children. Marriage took place at Prestbury St. Peter as both of them were resident in Saltersford-cum-Kettleshulme. Jane re-married after George's death to a Joseph Painter and she died a year later.

He is my x3 G Grandfather and I have to admit I have struggled with this line of the family - did I mention he could be Foster or Forster? Sue
    Last edited by Sue1; 07-03-15, 15:55.

there is a tree on Ancestry which has his parents as William and Mary surname Forster.

sent pm about the Alice Vernon and Isaac one.

Jan

Comment

Hi Janet, - I haven't seen William and Mary named as his parents BUT Alice Vernon and Isaac are the ones I reckon are likely to be correct. The situation is compounded by the fact that the parents were not married until a year later - there is a baptism for him though before that.
      Just to make things more complicated, I think Granny i.e. father's mother, is Esther Forster - she had 4 children but she does not appear to have a husband - clearly this lady was ahead of her time.

Thanks for that Janet - I think you are right. Sue

Comment

Hi Janet, Many thanks for that - William and Mary I haven't seen but will have a look at that.
        I do have as strong possibles, Alice Vernon and Isaac Foster/Forster
        The family is difficult at this stage not helped by the fact that Isaac's mother (?Esther Forster) seems to have had 4 children - not sure who the father's are or even if more than one father BUT I do think she omitted the nuptuals.

Thanks again Janet, Sue

SORRY TO HAVE POSTED THIS TWICE - WON'T LET ME ERASE 2ND ONE?
        Last edited by Sue1; 08-03-15, 11:31.

Comment

I have looked up baptism and this shows "base son of Alice Vernon and Isaac". I assume you are basing your thoughts on this. If so how do you know this is the correct George as normally they would take Mothers name, but I agree not always

Comment

On 13 May 1792 Isaac Forster and Alice Vernon had George Forster baptised at St. Helen's Church, Tarporley, CHS.
            (FHL Film no. 1751835). Also: England Select Births & Christenings 1530-1906.
            On 15 March 1793 Alice Vernon and Isaac Forster married in Over, Cheshire. (England Select Cheshire BTS)

There were 4 siblings for George with the parents Isaac Forster and Alice Vernon:
            Sarah 1793, Ann 1795, Joseph 1797, Daniel 1801.

The above George Forster married Jane Bebbington on 6th July 1816 at St. Peters Church, Prestbury. CHS - both were resident in North Rode, CHS, at the time of their marriage. (copy of original entry of this marriage on Tree).

Since this is the correct George Forster for the marriage to Jane Bebbington I am happy that this is the correct George. I have not found that one of George's parents was not free to marry at the time of his birth and cannot explain why they waited to marry each other for so long especially as Alice may well have been pregnant with Sarah, their second child, at the time of marriage in 1793.

Sue
            Last edited by Sue1; 02-04-15, 16:04.

Comment

Is this your George Forster's Burial?

George Forster

England, Cheshire Bishop's Transcripts

Name: George Forster
              Event Type: Burial
              Event Date: 06 Apr 1828
              Event Place: Astbury, Cheshire, England

GS Film number: 1647809 , Digital Folder Number: 004011826 , Image Number: 00225
              Vonny

Comment

Hi Vonny, Yes, that is my George Forster. Sue

Comment

Working...
                X