Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellen Rose Nicholls (Nee Lipscombe)

Hi all
    Hoping someone can help me on this please, regarding my Gt Aunt Ellen Rose, I have her on record right up to her Marriage to my Gt Uncle George Charles Nicholls and there I have lost her cant even find her on London Electoral Results. 1926 Results and also 1931 shows George Charles to be living with his Parents.

Ellen was Born Ellen Rose Lipscombe abt 1892 in Lambeth London to the parents of John Herbert and Elizabeth Ann. She was Baptised on the 24th July 1892 at Stockwell Green St Andrew in the borough of Lambeth. She Married George Charles Nicholls on the 25th Dec 1915 at St Pauls Brentford in the borough of Hounslow, Middlesex. and that's where it seems to end. I have checked Deaths on Ancestry for Nicholls and Lipscombe but have had no luck at all its like she has vanished into thin air, can anyone help please.
    John Nicholls

When did George Charles Nicholls die? Or perhaps they divorced? Ellen Rose could have remarried or gone abroad.
    Also have you checked Helen and Eleanor as a forename?
    anne

Comment

have you tried searching under Nellie or Eleanor ?

Comment

Hi Anne
        Thanks for replying I cant find a Death for George Charles yet I haven't checked Helen or Eleanor as a Forename, I thought because on her Marriage Banns she is down as Ellen Rose was that name only, I had thought they may have been Divorced I am not an experienced researcher as yet but have been fairly lucky up to now with my findings. Just seem to be pulling my hair out on these two lol. How do I check up on divorces on line ? I will check to see if she left the Country though.
        John

Comment

Hi
          No never thought about it will try that though. Thanks
          John

Comment

did you know they had children ??
            think these might be theirs

Charles E Nicholls born 1919 January quarter 3A 188
            Harry W G Nicholls born 1917 Jun quarter 1917 3A 286
            both in Brentford??
            Mothers maiden name Lipscombe
            Last edited by Guest; 28-02-15, 14:07.

Comment

Bit of a longshot but as Charles E Nicholls was registered in the first quarter of 1919 wonder if his mother died having him ??
              a burial for an Ellen Nicholls in Putney Vale Wandsworth 20 Dec 1918?

IGNORE THIS NOT HER
              Last edited by Guest; 28-02-15, 14:20.

Comment

Wow ! thanks for that no I haven't got that far it sounds about right, it also sound she left George Charles and took children with her as he is living with parents in 1926 and 1931. Lots to do still thankyou so much for that.
                John

Comment

Blimey it looks possible as they married in 1915 but then, Ellen married in Brentford I suppose she could have moved to Wandsworth after leaving George with the Children, its also possible she was pregnant with Charles when she left George.
                  John

Comment

might be worth getting the marriage for Charles?
                    Charles E Nicholls married Constance E Foulkes in Brentford Dec quarter 1937 3A 740

Comment

Ok he could have remarried I suppose worth a try. got confused there.Sorry thinking about George Charles
                      Last edited by john.nicholls; 28-02-15, 15:39.

Comment

Yes I think ill apply for this Marriage certificate worth the £9.50 just to find out.

Comment

sorry had to go will have another look for her later

Comment

Heres one just found on the 1948 London Electoral Results Charles E Nicholls
                            Constance E Nicholls
                            Ellen M Nicholls
                            Leonard A J Nicholls
                            May M Nicholls

All living at 30 St James Avenue Ealing W13. Strangely enough my Nanny Laura Nicholls lived in the next Street in Regina Road. Is this a coincidence or what ?? I reckon this is the Charles e Nicholls who married a Constance. Did he name his Daughter after his Mum ?? possibly I suppose.

Comment

You only appear on the elctoral rolls when you are of voting age so Ellen, Leonard and May are not children of the marriage in 1937.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by john.nicholls View Post
                                Ok he could have remarried I suppose worth a try. got confused there.Sorry thinking about George Charles
                                Yes I think ill apply for this Marriage certificate worth the £9.50 just to find out.
                                Heres one just found on the 1948 London Electoral Results Charles E Nicholls
                                Constance E Nicholls
                                Ellen M Nicholls
                                Leonard A J Nicholls
                                May M Nicholls

All living at 30 St James Avenue Ealing W13. Strangely enough my Nanny Laura Nicholls lived in the next Street in Regina Road. Is this a coincidence or what ?? I reckon this is the Charles e Nicholls who married a Constance. Did he name his Daughter after his Mum ?? possibly I suppose.
                                Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                                You only appear on the elctoral rolls when you are of voting age so Ellen, Leonard and May are not children of the marriage in 1937.

OC
                                They say you learn something different every day, I never knew that.thanks
                                John Nicholls

Comment

Charles E Nicholls and Constance had at least 2 children
                                  born Jun quarter 1938 and Dec quarter 1941
                                  both in Brentford
                                  Last edited by JudithM; 01-03-15, 07:37. Reason: removed names of possibly living people

Comment

that Leonard A J Nicholls on the electoral roll was born in Hereford in 1878 I think

Comment

ignore that he died

Comment

Here you are:

Leonard A Nicholls m Ellen M Sargent Brentford 1938

Charles Arthur Nicholls m May Mabel Spiller in 1901 Brentford.

Leonard A Nicholls mmn Spiller.

OC

Comment

Working...
                                        X