BT Yahoo/BT Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT Yahoo/BT Mail

I think quite a few people use the above and I seem to remember at least one person say they had been changed to the new BT Mail.

We are still waiting!!! :( ...... and waiting ..... and waiting :(

As a rough straw poll I'm wondering how many people have been changed over and how many are still waiting?

Anne

Like you I am still waiting. Last time I looked at their forum to see what was going on, it seemed that it was all on hold.

In the meantime all the spam filters I had set have stopped working .... this was a sign that you were about to be moved, but its the longest "few months" ever!!
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Well I'm still waiting. Strangely last week it all changed to just yahoo mail for some reason. Slightly different layout and look. I thought it was odd but assumed it was some sort of move to get ready for the final change. I spent an hour or two getting it to look how I wanted and all seemed fine.

Then a couple of days later it changed back to BT Yahoo mail exactly the same as before! The only annoying thing is that if I open an email and then try to go back to my inbox it logs me out. I've tried unsuccessfully to find an answer online but have worked out that if I go back to my Spam folder and then the Inbox it stays logged in. Its annoying but quicker than keep having to log in
      Jackie

Comment

Ha!! Exactly the same for us. We suddenly changed from BT to Yahoo and back again. Now its still Yahoo but looks more like BT Yahoo. We also have the annoying logout if you click back on the inbox. I have found that if you click Drafts first you can stay logged in ...

I found a couple of days ago I couldn't log in at all. Aaargh! It wouldn't recognise me. Eventually phoned and was dealt with very well, I thought, and got back online with a new password. Our other addresses linked to the same main one were all OK. I took the opportunity to ask about the business of now being Yahoo and he "said" it was all to do with the changeover. Hmmmmm!

Anne

Comment

After being notified it was going to change about 2 years ago, it finally happened last summer.....and I didn't like it at all. When it was BT Yahoo mail I had my inbox set as my homepage but, after the change over no matter how hard I tried, it only seemed possible to have BT's main website homepage as mine AND I had to log in to email every time I left it, even during the same internet session. I complained several times about the inconvenience of this system but nothing ever changed. Last month there was a fault on my phone line which meant I was intermittently without broadband for nearly 3 weeks. The road had to be dug up to repair the fault. Since the repair whenever I first connect to the internet I get taken straight to my inbox AND I can go back to it without having to log in each time! All very odd as I can't fathom how repairing an underground telephone cable could affect the way my email works! They must have made some changes whilst I was offline and it is all just coincidence.
          ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
          Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Sounds as though it turned out OK in the end then! Wonder how they choose who to change next? Our surname is near the top of the alphabet ..... but we do live oooop north!
            Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
              Sounds as though it turned out OK in the end then! Wonder how they choose who to change next? Our surname is near the top of the alphabet ..... but we do live oooop north!
              Anne
              I wonder. I'm in the latter half of the alphabet by surname, near the beginning by user name, am on the south coast .... I expect its by our number. :D :D:D
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                I wonder. I'm in the latter half of the alphabet by surname, near the beginning by user name, am on the south coast .... I expect its by our number. :D :D:D
                I'm the same as Caroline....surname towards the end od the alphabet, username near the beginning....but I live on the border of the East Midlands and the north! I think they just stick a pin in the list of customers to choose who gets changed over and when!
                Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Ha! I'll wait for the pinprick then
                  Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                    Ha! I'll wait for the pinprick then
                    Anne
                    Lol! Hope it doesn't hurt too much. I never felt a thing when it happened to me :D
                    Last edited by Ann from Sussex; 23-02-15, 16:23.
                    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Working...
                    X