Phillippo's from Norfolk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillippo's from Norfolk

I am researching my mothers side of the family and I need to find and confirm the birth of Edward Phillippo born about 1832-34 in Hethel, Norflok.

Can anyone help

Thanks

Artist

Welcome to the forum, Artist.

there is the following entry on familysearch.com (the LDS site) although I can't see that it gives the name of the relevant parish???

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Unfortunately the baptism register images of the Hethel parish registers in the Norfolk parish register section of the site are only up to 1812

Jay
    Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 10-02-15, 15:07.
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

The parish records for Hethel after 1812 have yet to be transcribed. They are available at Norfolk Record Office

This is all that's available online.

Edward /Phillippo/
      Pedigree Resource File
      birth: about 1832 Norfolk
      father: William /Phillippo/
      mother: Sarah //
      spouse: Sarah /Fishwick/
      child: William /Phillippo/
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

The link I quoted above was from a transcription of Norfolk BTs - I realise the date is later than you anticipate.

The images for BT's (annual duplicate returns) for Hethel 1832 - 1834 can be searched on familysearch, but these images are arranged by Archdeaconry, then by individual year & then by parish - you have to browse through the collection.
        Hethel is in the Archdeaconry of NORFOLK.

I had a quick look and saw baptisms at Hethel for a couple of Phillippo children, William & Elisha, but didn't spot an Edward.

However, following the above link, you should be able to browse through the records for whichever years you wish.

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thanks Janet and Kat

Because of your help I have traced Edward Phillippo's baptism record. William Phillippo was listed on the 4th Nov.1832 with father (Phillippo). Then again three more children including Edwards were also registered on the 4th Nov. 1832 with mothers maiden name Bailey. Maybe the father went to the pub after the first one and left his wife to finish off!
          I also tracked down their marriage record in 1822 but it didn't show the parents.

It's all been a great help and I plan to keep going with these records.

Thanks again

David (Artist)

Comment

Working...
          X