Sending Ancestry records by email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Ancestry records by email

I have sent two different records tonight from Ancestry to an email address and twice they have not arrived ? anybody know how they get sent? and why they have not arrived.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-02-15, 23:57.

Don't know - but I print off the record & image - scan it and then email.

Thus I have a copy to keep - not sure if you just download the record to your computer that you can still access the image at a later date.
    Last edited by JBee; 10-02-15, 09:04.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Hi Val
      I dont know for sure, but I think they will block it, what I do is to save the record to my computer, in a particular Folder so they are easily found, and then send them as an attachment.

Hope this helps
      Robert

Comment

I don't have any problem sending an email to myself with attachments, never tried to send one to anyone else though, mainly I copy and paste to where I want them or as Robert does save them, usually as a picture on my computer in a specific folder.

Comment

Wasn't sure you could open them again (isn't it a link to ancestry) if you didn't have a subscription.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Seems stupid to ask if you want to email it then not send it ?? this was for somebody who does not have a sub to ancestry so I dont really want a copy.
            Thanks everyone .

Comment

Val, if they don't subscribe to Ancestry, it could be that their PC doesn't recognise Ancestry's e-mail address and so is dumping it?

I've saved images for people in a file named "for XXX", sent them as attachments with a mail, & then deleted the whole file with the saved copies.

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

i tried the Ancestry facility for sending a census image by email, using a second email address of my own and the message came through as if from my email addy (as registered with Ancestry), with title "Check out this historical document I found about ...." and wording to the effect that I had found an interesting document and was sharing it. There was then a link to click to view the doc, which showed up as a relatively low resolution copy of the census page. Only thing is that I also have an Ancestry account using the second email addy and the message included the words

"You are receiving this email because you have registered with Ancestry using the email address .........."
                so not sure if I would have received the notification of I wasn't a subscriber. There was also a sentence to the effect that I should put ancestry notifications into my email address book in order to make sure I don't miss an email.
                Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

thanks Janet and Judith that must be why then ? makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                  X