Henry Blake and Ann Plantaganet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Blake and Ann Plantaganet

I have found on a handful of peoples trees on Ancestry a marriage between Henry Blake 1385 and Ann Plantagenet Stafford Bouchier, but I have been unable to find any historical records or references to support this and no one I have spoken to with this in their tree knows where it came from or has anything to back it up .Personally I think it was wishful thinking on someones part because she was out of his league but I just thought I would throw it out here before I dismiss it completely to see if any one on here had any thoughts as it is a very nice idea she would be an impressive ancestor to have.
    Many Thanks Julie Blake

No proof? Not worth the paper it's written on, no matter how many Ancestry trees it appears on.

OC

Comment

Thats what I thought and as I say it seems a very unlikely match he really was out of his league. I know the Blake were more important people then Henry's son married one of the Wallop family but even so this Lady was great grand daughter to Edward the 3rd if I remember rightly and has a serious pedigree but I just thought I would have a hunt around and see if I could find where this idea came from.

Comment

The problem with ancestry seems to be it is so easy to add from other people trees that mistakes can be copied over and over very quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Julie Blake View Post
          The problem with ancestry seems to be it is so easy to add from other people trees that mistakes can be copied over and over very quickly
          Indeed, and that happens a lot with lesser mortals too!
          Like a branch of my tree, who features on several Ancestry trees as married thrice, with three different sets of children all born within the same time frame, and appearing in 1851 and 1861 census returns in a different place with each of his three wives.
          Of course, in reality, there were three different men of the same name, all living in coastal Norfolk within the same time frame.

jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
          X