OK, I asked yesterday about Electrol Registers but have more information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, I asked yesterday about Electrol Registers but have more information

OK, I am trying to find an ancestor for a relative. She remembers visiting this lady when she was little and thinks she must have been a close relative (and therefore I will know some surnames to try). We have tracked her down to the Trinity Estate, off Evelyn Street in Southwark (maybe Deptford??) She wants me to check around 1954.

So, does anyone know (or can they work out?) which book I look at to get that estate? We think the names of the flats are: Keppel House, Hurlston House, Grafton House, Fulcher House, Camden, Rochfort and North.

I have tried searching with just Southwark as the location and "Trinity Estate" and also again with the different 'house' names as keywords but I am coming up a blank.

Can anyone here do any better? Any help very gratefully received!
    :D Charney Jo

I don't have any idea of the area but try this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deptford look just below the map it mentions Evelyn Street and demolition and rebuilding but it may not help you.

Edna

Comment

Thanks Edna. I think I may have found it. Yes, it's Deptford. I am taking screen shots of the inhabitants as she has more of an idea of names than me. 2 houses found, not sure how many to go (unhelpfully they are not listed all together... Might be one of those things that made sense if I knew the area).

Comment

If you are a member of Facebook try and find a page that has the area so you can ask questions from Older inhabitants who are Silver Surfers it is wonderful what people can remember from the area they grew up in.

Edna
        Last edited by clematised; 08-02-15, 22:58.

Comment

That's a brilliant idea! Actually I think it is a different house... Rickman House.

OK, off to google.

Comment

Evelyn Street is on this list along with many others

Edna

Comment

The flats are definitely still there and after trawling through many years worth last night I think I may have found her. The best part is, it is a surname who is related to another part of her tree who she is still in touch with so she can ask them if the name rings any bells. She remembers it was a downstairs flat, and the person I found lived in flat #4. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
              X