A S & E V M married 1943

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A S & E V M married 1943

Help Please -- E.... V.... M........... ( Known in the family as V.... ) was born in Wandsworth 1922 and married Albert Victor Spriggs in 1943 . After that I can't find anything . To be honest I THINK that they are dead but this along with anything else I am trying to find out . Did they Immigrate? I also don't know Thank you for what help you can give.

Sheila :o

I'm so sorry Sheila but until a death is found for them I have had to remove the names. If anyone feels that they would like to help Sheila perhaps they would PM her
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 07-02-15, 23:24.
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Did they just have the one daughter in 1945?
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I think I have the death Sheila - Albert Victor Spriggs - born 13th Oct 1920 - died June 1994 aged 73 - Kensington and Chelsea London
      Register Number - A48A - District and Sub district -2391A - Entry Number - 2

He is the only one whose birth fits the death.
      Off to look for his wife.

Comment

Are you sure that she wasn't Edith Florence Sheila? That's the only birth that fits your description of her birth and here's a possible death - Edith Florence Spriggs - Birth Date - 30 Oct 1922 - Died Mar 2007 - Age 85 - Registration district - Wandsworth London - Vol 1 - Page 1 - Reg Number - D122A - District and Sub district 256/1D - Entry Number 297

Comment

Thanks that sound good to me . I agree that must be him

Comment

Have found them in the London Electoral register and they lived at 87 York Road, Battersea all their life except for one instance when Edith lived at 24 Winders Road with son George and Albert lived at 24 Winders Road, but they were back at 87 York Road by 1947.

Now Edith V Merryweather is down as Edith T Merryweather for the marriage and Edith F Merryweather and judging by the state of the Electoral Registers translation, I'm not suprised, most of the addresses on the list are wrong, when you go into them Edith and Albert are living in 87 York Road.

Albert was born Dec 1920 in Wandworth and the earlies date I can find for their move to York Road is 1945. If you have Ancestry, type in Albert V Spriggs and when the list comes up, click on Census & Electoral Roles and then anyone of them from 1900 and you will get 19 records, they are all for Albert and Edith, you will have to go into each one to see that they lived at 87 York Road because as I said the addresses are all messed up.

Hope this helps

Pam

Comment

She was known as Violet in the family . I have a copy of her wedding photo with that written on the back

Comment

I have just looked at the actual pages and at birth it says Edith F and at the marriage it says Edith T.

Comment

Thank you PDennis That's a long haul , I may have to try , It's a good job it's raining here

Comment

It would be interesting to see what it gives as her middle name on the birth and marriage certs Sheila.

Comment

Just a thought . No one in the family as far as I can find out know if she is alive or dead

Comment

I don't have them but a cousin in South Africa has said in is Violet

and by the look of the Electoral Roll Albert may have been in WW2 and she mover in with her sons is that how you read it ?????
                        Last edited by Sheila from Down Under; 07-02-15, 23:31.

Comment

I'm wrong about Edith being with her son in Winders Road, he would have been too young to be on the electoral register, so I have a feeling she may have been staying with Alberts family, George could have been Alberts father or brother or uncle, who knows.

And my error with my scribbling, they were at seperate addresses in Winders Road in 1945.
                          Last edited by PDennis; 07-02-15, 23:36. Reason: additional text

Comment

I take it no one is in touch with her daughter, who appears to have 2 children.

Comment

The daughter and son in law were still listed on the electoral roll in 2014. I can only do a free search, so I don't know where they are living.

Comment

I think this is her, Edith Florence Spriggs, born 30th October 1922, died about March 2007, Wandsworth aged 85
                                Last edited by PDennis; 07-02-15, 23:44.

Comment

Originally posted by PDennis View Post
                                  I think this is her, Edith Florence Spriggs, born 30th October 1922, died about March 2007, Wandsworth aged 85
                                  See my post #4 Pam

Comment

Understood, when I started my first posting here, there wasn't anybody else on here, by the time I'd finished their were other postings, same with yours, I can't see other postings while typing, so have no idea what's been put on.

Comment

Violet Has so many , V T F you takes your pick I think, Thank you all for your help but to me honest I don't know, Could you please pm me her children's names and that I think we will have to call it a day.

Comment

Can you please PM me Albert & Edith ( Violet's ) children's names as I think that the next step is to contact them ,if we can find them Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                        X