Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone very good with the Electoral Registers on Ancestry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone very good with the Electoral Registers on Ancestry?

I want to track down who was living at a particular address (well, street) in the 1940's / 50's. Is there a way to see which book I should be looking in? I am looking for Lower Road in Southwark if it helps. I am scuppered!
    :D Charney Jo

what name you looking for ? pm me

this is Southwark you will need the name really unless you can find that address?
    Last edited by Guest; 06-02-15, 19:46.

Comment

Thanks Val. We are actually trying to find out a name!

It's for a relative who remembers a lady who lived in a certain flat (I am trying to work out what the flats are called as Lower Road is a LONG road. She said it is still there as she took a photo a few years ago which helps).

I was rather hoping I could just search that road, have a look through for likely surnames and it be an easy solve. Of course not ...

(I was also hoping that if that wasn't the case, then the books would be in an order like the census returns so I could at least flick through them but I am a bit bewildered by them).

I think I definitely need to work out what the name of the flats were to start with...

Comment

Oh, I now see that you can search for Lower Road. It has 94,862,353 results. Eh?

Comment

have you tried googling flats in lower road southwark ?

Comment

Yes, I have done that, thanks. And I have sent her some screen shots from Google Street view. Unfortunately she is not near me so I am waiting for her reply but am keen to get started because of the free ancestry weekend.

I think I must learn restraint

Comment

Working...
            X