Pamela Kirk, Mrs Henry Dix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pamela Kirk, Mrs Henry Dix

I may have asked before (apologies if I 've done so) - it's a long standing query.

Pamela Kirk, bp Halvergate Norfolk 15 Aug 1843, (born 5 Aug) daughter of Elizabeth Kirk.

1851 in the family home Mundesley, with mother (now Mrs Hubbard) step-father Edward and three Hubbard half-siblings. (Pamela Kirk, born Halvergate c 1844.)

In Q4 1859 she married Henry Dix in Erpingham Reg Dist - that's the last sighting I have of her.

I think Henry may have been in Norwich at His Majesty's pleasure when 1861 census was taken - I've found newspaper reports to corroborate this (stealing.) If it's the same chap, he was born Scottow, 1837, and was a carrier.

Can anyone find what became of poor old Pamela? Not much of a life so far, poor soul.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

had a quick look not found her yet

Comment

Thanks for looking, Val.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Could he have changed his name to Edwin and take her surname as there is a baptism for a Harry Charles Kirk in 1866 St Marys Islington Mother Pamela
        Edna
        Sorry I cant add a link I tried from Ancestry
        Last edited by clematised; 06-02-15, 22:12.

Comment

Thanks for looking, Clematised.
          I think I've found Henry with Sarah, a different wife, in 1871 & 1881. There's a possible matching Norfolk marriage.
          I do wonder if Pamela died due to pregnancy or childbirth complications, but I can't find a death????

All I know is that her eldest half-sibling named her first child Pamela after Pamela 1. Pamela 2 married and died after child birth - the baby died aged 18 hours and the mother was buried a week later.

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
            Could he have changed his name to Edwin and take her surname as there is a baptism for a Harry Charles Kirk in 1866 St Marys Islington Mother Pamela
            Edna
            Sorry I cant add a link I tried from Ancestry
            and follow up post by Val:
            "this is the bap Clematised mentions
            http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/15...l=ReturnRecord"

No I don't think so - this Pamela was a Pamela Barham who married an Edwin Kirk in Islington in 1865.

Christine
            Last edited by Karamazov; 07-02-15, 01:03.
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
              Thanks for looking, Clematised.
              I think I've found Henry with Sarah, a different wife, in 1871 & 1881. There's a possible matching Norfolk marriage.
              I do wonder if Pamela died due to pregnancy or childbirth complications, but I can't find a death????

All I know is that her eldest half-sibling named her first child Pamela after Pamela 1. Pamela 2 married and died after child birth - the baby died aged 18 hours and the mother was buried a week later.

Jay
              that is so sad Jay... :(
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks, all.
                Ancestry is playing up at present, so although I can't open Val's link, Christine's post seems to rule out that Edwin & Pamela Kirk.

I've looked under Pamela Dix, Kirk and even Hubbard (step-father's name) but to no avail. I've tried searching just entering Pamela & variants born 1843 +/-5.

Any suggestions of other strategies I can try?

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

I did find this, although it's NOT Dix it might have been transcribed wrong or misheard.

Julie

Comment

maybe try *ix in surname box? there are a number of ways to spell it though

Dix
                    Dicks
                    Dickx
                    Diks
                    Dikes

I never knew that you could wildcard search with the * at the beginning before, but it is something that I tried [and remembered] how to do it.
                    Julie

Comment

I wonder if that death referrers to this one Julie - http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/76...l=ReturnRecord
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks Julie & Chrissie.
                        I think that lady was probably Pamela Clark, who married John Dix in Norwich in 1864:(

Jay
                        Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
                          Thanks Julie & Chrissie.
                          I think that lady was probably Pamela Clark, who married John Dix in Norwich in 1864:(

Jay
                          Do you mean John Gilling Rix Jay?
                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I think it might have been, Chrissie.
                            There was another John Rix marriage (Erpingham 1863) but I only came across the 1864 one for a John marrying a Pamela.

Jay
                            Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 07-02-15, 19:13.
                            Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Working...
                            X