EDWARD McKENZIE MILNE HENDERSON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDWARD McKENZIE MILNE HENDERSON

Could anyone help to find a photo of Edward McKenzie Milne Henderson . I believe he was Scottish Rugby Captain circa 1934. He married Margaret Little Sanson in 1934. His father may have been Liberal MP .for Aberdeen ?
    Sorry to be so vague , not much to go on .
    Julip

There's a team photograph on Ebay which has a M M Henderson in the back row.
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Further research: I now think this is another person.

There's confusion here. E M M Henderson was captain of the London Scottish Rugby XV from around 1932 - 1935. Best search under those terms.
      Phil
      historyhouse.co.uk

Comment

e m m henderson

Val .
        i hadn`t seen this , another avenue I hope
        Thanks
        Keldon
        I am having a look under the London Rugby title. Nothing yet , but will keep looking . Thanks for taking the time ,both of you

Julip

Comment

There is a Marriage notice in the Aberdeen Journal dated 21 June 1934 regarding the marriage. It states that Edward was the youngest son
          of Mr & Mrs John Milne Henderson of Merchiston Park,Edinburgh.
          I cannot see anything else.

Matt
          My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

Do you know if Edward was connected to Aberdeen as there are 2 possible mentions of him in the September 1948 issue of the Aberdeen Journal.
            One for the 10 Sept reports a Mr & Mrs Edward Milne-Henderson being with a party within the Royal Pavilion at the Braemar gathering.
            The one dated 8 Sept reports that Edward Milne Henderson was the God father at a christening. The is a photograph of the party with Edward named
            as second from the left.
            Could it be your man.....
            Matt

Comment

Matt ,
              I think there may be a connection to Aberdeen .There is a mention that Edwards father was Liberal Member of Parliament for Aberdeen .He was John Milne Henderson , Edwards wife was Margaret Little Sanson
              Julip
              Last edited by julip; 02-02-15, 14:29.

Comment

Originally posted by julip View Post
                Keldon
                I am having a look under the London Rugby title. Nothing yet , but will keep looking .Julip
                If you have access to the British Newspaper Archive (or via FMP) there are a few articles mentioning him as playing.

This is a link a to a free archive where's he's mentioned, but a warning: maybe very slow to download the image.
                NewspaperSG is an online resource of over 200 Singapore and Malaya newspapers published since 1831, or find information on over 200.

NewspaperSG is an online resource of over 200 Singapore and Malaya newspapers published since 1831, or find information on over 200.
                Phil
                historyhouse.co.uk

Comment

Had a few credits left so checked on SP and found
                  Edward McKenzie Henderson born 14 December 1904 at Leamington Terrace,Edinburgh.
                  Father John Milne Henderson Occ Bank Manager.
                  Mother Edwardina Henderson nee Young. Married 13 April 1887 at Edinburgh.

Also on Gravestone photographs http://www.gravestonephotos.com/publ...&scrwidth=1600
                  I found a grave monument for the whole family.

Have found only one brief mention to a Milne Henderson & he was a city councillor in Aberdeen.( They were listed but only by Surname).
                  Matt
                  Last edited by Matt Muir; 02-02-15, 15:09.

Comment

You may already have this - His marriage announcement from the Times Digital Archive Marriages.
                    The Times (London, England), Thursday, Jun 21, 1934; pg. 1; Issue 46786.

MILNE HENDERSON : SANSON
                    On June 20th, 1934, at Holy Trinity, Brompton, London, by the Rev W Marshall Selwyn, vicar of Brompton Parish Church, Edward McKenzie Milne Henderson, CA, London, youngest son of Mr and Mrs John Milne Henderson, Merchiston Park, Edinburgh, to Margaret Little, only daughter of Mr and Mrs Henry Sanson, Marlow, Bucks.

I think CA is possibly chartered accountant???

Christine
                    Researching:
                    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

There's some interesting background in this article re the Milne Henderson family and 4 elder brothers of Edward who served in WW1. It confirms Matt's finding above re his father being a bank manager. NB the article is slow to download. The relevant info is under the sub-headline Roll of Honour.

Christine
                      Last edited by Karamazov; 02-02-15, 15:35.
                      Researching:
                      HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Two articles shown on Find My Past
                        This one for the wedding
                        grave, monument, image, photograph, gravestone, photographic, resource, gpr, tombstone,Margaret Alexander Henderson,John F Robertson,Edwardina Young Henderson Henderson,John Milne Henderson,Edward MacKenzie Milne Henderson,Margaret (Sandy) Henderson,Dean 1c,Edinburgh, Lothian,Scotland

This one has the photograph of Edward
                        Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

Matt

Comment

Edward's and his wife Margaret's death announcements are also in The Times The Times (London, England), Tuesday, Jun 29, 1965; pg. 1; Issue 56360. He died 25 June 1965.

His wife's death The Times (London, England), Saturday, Sep 12, 1970; pg. 24; Issue 57969. She died 11 Sep 1970. There's also a correction re her funeral arrangements a few days later.

Do you want me to transcribe the info for you or do you already have it?

Christine
                          Last edited by Karamazov; 02-02-15, 15:50.
                          Researching:

Comment

:oThank you all for your generosity, I have now loads of information . Wedding announcements, deaths, gravestones , etc.
                            I have had no problem downloading all your links , brilliant ! The only thing I am waiting on is the gravestone photo, but the site did warn it could be a while .I have loads of patience .I now have Edwards wife`s parents names , I now know the connection to the Sanson Family , Edwards siblings, and articles galore ! I can`t believe you all found so much information , but I really am grateful to you .One of the best things about this site is all the information is saved . Four years ago I posted a query on a missing family member , but got no replies . Just recently I received a communication from someone who saw the post ,and has now provided me with all the missing information . How cool is that ?
                            Many thanks
                            Julip.
                            Last edited by julip; 02-02-15, 20:10.

Comment

his probate is on ancestry

Address 1 The Keir West Side Wimbledon

probate granted to Margaret Little Milne Henderson, widow

Effects £7063

Her death is too late to be on the ancestry probate record
                              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Sylvia ,
                                Thanks for the probate info.
                                Beginning to build up a very interesting file on Edward and his family .
                                Julip

Comment

Christine ,
                                  Just realised I meant to ask you for the transcript of the deaths ,apologies .
                                  If you would be kind enough to send it ,appreciate that .
                                  Julip

Comment

Originally posted by julip View Post
                                    Christine ,
                                    Just realised I meant to ask you for the transcript of the deaths ,apologies .
                                    If you would be kind enough to send it ,appreciate that .
                                    Julip
                                    I've sent you a PM.

Christine
                                    Researching:

Comment

Working...
                                    X