Robert allport parkinson - durham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert allport parkinson - durham

Hi, I haven't posted for a while so feel a little cheeky asking for support and advice. I am having major difficulties tracking down a death of Robert Allport Parkinson B 1860/1 in Brandon Co Durham. He was 5 mths old on the 1861 census.

He married Margaret Jane Heslop in 1884 and she died in 1900.

Robert then went on to marry Annie Elizabeth Wright and they were together on the 1911 census at 289a Saltwell Terrace, Gateshead. However, Annie remarried in 1913 to Ralph Forster - all the evidence I have confirms this. I am presuming that Robert died between 1911 and 1913. Despite searching every which way I have been unable to locate is death. Can anyone help?

thanks Stella x x x
    Stellanne x

Researching: Bennetts (Derbyshire), Parkinson (Durham, Yorkshire)

He was born dec qtr 1860
    Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Do you know his occupation ?

Last edited by garstonite; 01-02-15, 07:19.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Hi, he started off in 1891 as an insurance agent. But on the 1911 census he was an out of work bricklayers labourer. I guess the insurance business was tricky and he didn't fancy mining.....I don't blame him on that. Stella x x x
      Stellanne x

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
        He was born dec qtr 1860
        Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Do you know his occupation ?

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.co...-08/1220030889
        just checked the ancestry link out and that is me!!! I seem to have been chasing this for years now!!
        Stella x x x
        Stellanne x

Comment

Stella,

it might be that he didn't die then, divorce then was very expensive. I would think that it is more likely that they separated and then Annie married someone else claiming to either be a spinster or widow. [maybe he married again?]
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yes I had thought of that, so what would be the best way to investigate this...... I do have the marriage certificate for Annie and Ralph and she describes herself as 'spinster', which I thought was a bit odd. And she married under her maiden name.

However, if I am to think on the line of ' all is not quite as it seems'.....I have been unable to trace a marriage for Robert and Annie and am taking on face value the census is true when it claims she is the 'wife'. I am open to all possibilities now and maybe they weren't married and she found the love of her life with Ralph

what is the best way to progress........any ideas
            stella x x x
            Last edited by Stellanne; 01-02-15, 10:22.
            Stellanne x

Comment

Perhaps Robert and Annie just lived together as man and wife and never did marry... and as you say she then fell in love with Ralph and married him.

I would start by checking the marriages [just in case!] and then cross checking all deaths [by also looking at births] it's not a foolproof way but it sure helps narrow things down quite a lot. there was a marriage in 1913 in Wortley Yorks maybe worthwhile looking at?

have to go now but i'll look in later.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

There are MILLIONS of Robert Parkinson's aren't there....... Thank you for your help........I will begin my search.....
                stella x x x
                Stellanne x

Comment

There is a Death for a Robert A Parkinson born abt 1863 died Sep quarter 1945 Brentford Middlesex 3A 249 a possibility

Comment

Hi Val.......I will check that out.
                    one line I am looking at is the marriage of Annie to Ralph.....she lists her father as William Wright (deceased) Wesleyan Minister!!!! I bet her dad was pleased with her ' goings on' if indeed there were any!!
                    Is there a directory of church ministers? Stella x x x
                    Stellanne x

Comment

Been looking at wills and bearing in mind you said he was an Insurance Agent earlier there is this one Robert Parkinson an Insurance Agent died 30 Sep 1912 address 87 Aqueduct Street Preston probate to Maria Parkinson widow
                      Last edited by Guest; 01-02-15, 13:48.

Comment

do you have him in 1901

Comment

Yes I have him on the 1901 census and then the 1911 census where he was living in Gateshead with Annie. I wouldn't have worried about anything except for a chance need to get a marriage certificate for Annie whilst trying to sort out the history of her illegitimate son Guy. The marriage certificate was for 1913.....and she was marrying Ralph Forster. So clearly something happened for Robert Allport Parkinson between 1911 and 1913.......Stella x x
                          Last edited by Stellanne; 01-02-15, 14:10.
                          Stellanne x

Comment

what do you think about that will ?

Comment

Sorry Val, I don't think it is him......I have not come across a Maria.....I will investigate and see if I can find a Maria marriage.
                              I am getting really confused now, and you will have to bear with me because I have dug out the certificates I have.

this is is totally ignoring Robert Allport Parkinson.......in a way. What I know is that he lived with Annie E Wright and she had a son Guy L Wright and they are all together on the 1901 Durham census for Durham. That is fact

the birth certificate for Guy she is Annie ELLENOR
                              the birth certificate for my grandfather......Robert and Annie were his parents......she is Annie EMILY
                              on her marriage certificate to Ralph Forster she is Annie ELIZABETH

The Ralph Forster connection is that on Guys wedding certificate they named him wrongly calling him Ralph Lancelot Forster......instead of Guy Lancelot Wright. Guy used the surname Forster on a number of occasions especially when he had moved to Australia. So I am certain this is correct. What is going on with Annie.?
                              Hugs....and more hugs cos I think we need them
                              Stella x x x
                              Stellanne x

Comment

right back from dinner will see what else I can find then

Comment

Oh Val....... I wish I had never started comes to mind..... Can I borrow your saying!!
                                  The thing is after all these years....posting on an Australian site in 2009! I had two replies last month from people who were Guys relations.... And what they knew about Guy ties in to what I know.... The mystery is Annie and all those middle names. X x xhugs x x xStella
                                  Stellanne x

Comment

Originally posted by Stellanne View Post
                                    Is there a directory of church ministers? Stella x x x
                                    There are three William Wrights listed on this page of Methodist ministers.

They died in 1870, 1918 and 1928 and are United or Primitive rather than Wesleyan Methodists respectively though so it begs the question of whether she was being entirely truthful on the marriage cert!
                                    Do you know when Annie was born?

Coincidentally, my 2G grandfather was a Wesleyan Methodist minister, one of whose sons went on to have 9 children, with no evidence so far that he ever married their mother. I have managed to find (with help from people on this site) birth details for 4 of them, all illegitimate. They were all born after their grandfather, the minister, died, but I can imagine him spinning in his grave!
                                    Christine
                                    Last edited by Karamazov; 01-02-15, 19:01.
                                    Researching:
                                    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Hi Christine......
                                      annie was born in 1887.... Well so it says..... To be honest I feel reluctant to believe anything she has to say!!!
                                      and unfortunately I don't have any living relations to ask x x x stella x x x
                                      Stellanne x

Comment

if she was born in 1887 ?? that means she was only about 13 when she had Guy ?? or have I read that wrong

Comment

Working...
                                        X