Advert problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advert problem

My computer has been opening up web pages really slowly on a lot of sites recently. I have suddenly realised that many sites I go on now suddenly seem to be full of flashing adverts, which they weren't before, and it's those sites that are taking ages to move. I have been into internet options and disabled Shock Wave Flash object, hoping this would help. It appears to have stopped the adverts moving, but the adverts are still there. Is there as way to remove them and still look at these pages please? Also, will the disabled shock wave thing stop me viewing pages that I need?

Have to go now, so not ignoring any replies.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Hi Chrissie (long time no speak by the way )

Sounds like malware on your PC. Download the free version of MalwareBytes from here......https://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/lp4/...FaQIwwodqCoAhw
    That should sort it out. I run it once a month and never get problems. Make sure your antivirus is up to date too.
    Rick

Comment

Hi Rick, lovely to 'see' you Hope all are well.

Security things have always been something that baffled me i.e. Virus, malware etc. I have always been loathe to download anything as I know that you have to be careful not to get programmes that clash with each other. I have got Microsoft Security Essentials (which I keep up to date) and as far as I know that's all I have. I've just had a look and it's supposed to also cover virus and spyware. Does that mean anything to you and do you know if I also need MalwareBytes and whether it might clash or not please?

Comment

have you tried this Chrissie ?

installing malwarebytes wont hurt your pc
        Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 5.0.17.99-1.0.1169 for Windows. Fast downloads of the latest free software! Click now

Comment

Yes, we're good thanks Chrissie. You normally pick up malware by clicking on something that looks innocent enough and it can be clever enough to get round your AV. The firewall part of Security Essentials is good enough, but I'm not a fan of the AV and always use a separate free product (Bitdefender). The free version of Malwarebytes is a standalone on-demand product which you only run to clean up an infection. It isn't resident all the time and won't clash, so it's perfectly safe to use.
          Rick

Comment

Thank you both very much Very useful information which I shall put into practice tomorrow

Comment

Working...
            X