Scrace Family in Sussex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrace Family in Sussex

Hello, we have traced my husband's tree back to Scrace in Sussex but would appreciate some advice/comments please :-)

We have John Scrace marrying Lydia Cruise (found on Sussex Family History Marriage CD) in 1758 at Chailey. This is the only marriage found for a John and Lydia. We also have children, found on Ancestry, born to John & Lydia Scrace, in 1770 - 1785 in Horsted Keynes, not too far away. We haven't found any children born to them between 1758 and 1770 though. Would you think that its safe to assume that we have the right John & Lydia. It probably is physically possible that they are the parents of our John but we know it would be better to confirm it.

I think you have the right people, Horsted Keynes and Chailey are virtually adjacent

Sussex Family History Group has these bapts and burials at St Peter Chailey:
    Jane Scrace dau of John & Lydea Scrace bapt 15 Jan 1759
    Mary Scrace dau of John & Lydia Scrace bapt 3 Jun 1760
    Elizabeth Scrace dau of John & Lydia Scrace bpt 11 Apr 1762
    John Scrace son of John & Lydia Scrace bapt 25 Mar 1764
    John Scrace son of John & Lydia Scrace bapt 7 Feb 1768
    John-ann Scrace son of John & Lydia Scrace bapt 9 Jun 1771
    Burial John Scrace son of John & Lydia Scrace 28 Apr 1764
    Burial John Scrace inf son of John & Lydia Scrace 9 Mar 1768

and at Horsted Keynes a burial for John at Horsted Keynes aged 80 on 11 Apr 1816 and one for Lydia 15 Jan 1817 also aged 80.

Your ancestors would have known my husband's Horsted Keynes ancestors! (Holfords and Jenners)

Comment

hi,

might they have married in a different location? 12yrs from marriage to begin having children is a bit puzzling though.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
        hi,

might they have married in a different location? 12yrs from marriage to begin having children is a bit puzzling though.
        ignore me! I see Jill has found some rather good info!
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you so much! That's amazing, a new pair of eyes :-) We have been searching for earlier children and didn't find any. We also have another John Scrace b 1785, very sad to have lost so many before.

Comment

Working...
          X