Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone search Ancestry Deaths for me please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone search Ancestry Deaths for me please?

I'm looking for the maiden name of Lily Thomas who died March 2011 on the Isle of Wight. She was born c 1918.

I notice the deaths go up to 2013, so hopefully this will be included.
    Last edited by WendyPusey; 22-01-15, 18:48.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Hi Wendy,

I looked but could not find anything for any Thomas deaths on the Isle of Wight in 2011.

Nearest I can see is Violet Lily Thomas whose death was registered in Cowes in 2009. But maiden names don't seem to be included.

The information is supposedly taken from the GRO indexes, but does not say whether it is complete for all of England.

Diane
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

I have looked too, but can I ask a possibly daft question how will that help with her maiden name ??

Comment

Thanks for looking.

It will help with proving that the Lily Thomas who died in 2011 was my aunt and married to Arthur William Thomas. I haven't any real proof who is wife is.
        Wendy

Comment

dont know if this might help have you tried looking on that will site ? have found a Lily Thomas died 22 Mar 2011 and a Lilian Thomas died 5 Mar 2011 also a Lilian Agnes Thomas died 15 Mar 2011

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
            I'm looking for the maiden name of Lily Thomas who died March 2011 on the Isle of Wight. She was born c 1918.

I notice the deaths go up to 2013, so hopefully this will be included.
            Am I going bonkers. Where to deaths on Ancestry go up to 2013??

Linda

Comment

They are a separate collection in the 'new' records. I looked for a couple of my own rarer names to assess the coverage. They do go up to 2013 but there are not as many as I would expect in the period 2011 to 2013 so maybe the coverage is not complete. Maiden names are not included, although it does seem to indicate if a female is Ms or Mrs.
              Anne

Comment

I would love to know where Ancestry have gotten the info for this set of records from because I don't think it is the GRO. Some records even include the date of death and the place the person was living.
                Also I don't think it is anywhere near complete as my grandfather is not on there (he died in 2011), neither is his brother's wife who died in 2009.

Tippin
                Families Intrested in
                Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  dont know if this might help have you tried looking on that will site ? have found a Lily Thomas died 22 Mar 2011 and a Lilian Thomas died 5 Mar 2011 also a Lilian Agnes Thomas died 15 Mar 2011
                  Val where is the will site you mentioned? The Lilian Agnes Thomas has the correct date of death to the one I'm looking for.
                  Wendy

Comment

This is from Ancestry page on facebook.

"Where does this data originate from, it appears not to be from any official source, certainly not the GRO, British Death Indexes is a poor description. Can you please clarify exactly where they originate from, when I checked them first thing this morning there was a reference to a company called Wilmington Millenium, which has now disappeared.

Ancestry Hi Martin, unfortunately we have no further information regarding the exact various sources of the database at this time."

I have searched for people I know who died in the relevant years and posted this on the facebook page:-
                    "I have just found my Aunt who I know for certain died in Russels Hall hospital Dudley, she is listed with her full correct birth date and full correct death date, BUT she apparently died in Shepton Mallet Somerset. !!!!!!!"

A lot of the names I searched are missing, of those that fit name and date wise the place is wildly out so could be them or not.
                    Here is the link for anyone who wants to look.

Source Information
                    Ancestry.com. England and Wales, Death Index, 2007-2013 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2014.
                    Original data: British Death Indexes. Various sources.
                    Last edited by Mary M; 23-01-15, 08:25.

Comment

OK Val, just found it. Off to have a look.
                      Wendy

Comment

Very poor work from Ancestry - to have data showing with no sources whatsoever other than "various sources" is disappointing.

I have just checked for a couple of deaths in my own family - one isn't shown at all, the other is listed as place of death in "Preston, Dorset, England", which even if it had Preston in Lancashire (which would be closer to the truth) is still wrong !

Not sure where the data has come from, obviously not GRO - and is very far from complete.
                        Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                        Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

You're right it looks very disappointing. How can we use such data as sources when just a few random checks show so many errors??????

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                            They are a separate collection in the 'new' records. I looked for a couple of my own rarer names to assess the coverage. They do go up to 2013 but there are not as many as I would expect in the period 2011 to 2013 so maybe the coverage is not complete. Maiden names are not included, although it does seem to indicate if a female is Ms or Mrs.
                            Anne
                            this is correct Anne, FAR from complete only 89 records are in this collection, if you look here it shows them: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...lg3&cp=11&so=2

4th entry in list
                            Last edited by Darksecretz; 23-01-15, 10:39.
                            Julie
                            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

The one entry I did find for my family has the year of birth wrong as well !
                              Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                              Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

I found one entry for an Uncle and everything was correct

Linda

Comment

Found 2 for family members, which had the place of death as Eastbourne, Durham!
                                  Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

interested to know did it help Wendy ??

Comment

Don't know yet Val. I've ordered the Will but have to wait until I can download it.
                                      Wendy

Comment

keep a look out I had the last 3 within 2 days .

Comment

Working...
                                        X