Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Family Tree Software

Hi

I have previously installed FTM 2011 Platinum on my laptop and I now would like to install it onto my new desktop Can I do this using the same disk or do I have to buy another copy of FTM. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gill

You can do it with the same disc, using the same registration details.
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine

I have tried to install but the wizard does not appear, do you know how I can install it please?

Thank you

Comment

If you put the disc in the disc drive - then go to MY COMPUTER - click on the disk drive - you should see a list of files which are on the disc and one will probably be called SETUP. If you click on that, or you may need to double click, it should start the installation process.
        Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine I have tried that unsuccessfully However it came up with an error message to say that it was the OS Having looked further in that I note that my laptop has XP and the new pc is running on IOS 8.1 This is where my technical knowledge ceases. Does this mean that I will have to buy a new FTM, version, suitable for the new pc. I have seen somewhere, but don't know where, someone suggesting the best place to obtain this from, does this sound familiar to you?

Thank you

Comment

As far as I know FTM 2011 should install on a Windows 8 machine without problem.
            Take a look at this help guide to see if it offers any suggestions - if not right at the bottom you will see a link to contact to contact FTM Support - hopefully they can talk you through it.

If all else fails come back and I'll suggest some good deals on FTM2014. :D
            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Gill D View Post
              Hi Elaine I have tried that unsuccessfully However it came up with an error message to say that it was the OS Having looked further in that I note that my laptop has XP and the new pc is running on IOS 8.1 This is where my technical knowledge ceases. Does this mean that I will have to buy a new FTM, version, suitable for the new pc. I have seen somewhere, but don't know where, someone suggesting the best place to obtain this from, does this sound familiar to you?

Thank you
              Just to be sure ..... Your new computer is running Windows 8.1???? In your quote above you say IOS 8.1. Which might imply that your new computer is a Mac?
              Anne

Comment

Well spotted Anne!
                Elaine

Comment

Hi Thanks to Elaine and Anne. Typing error I have windows 8.1 I blame that on frustration. well after a good nights sleep and a day out, I have tried to install again and it has worked. Hurray .......

Thank you for your help.

Gill

Comment

Glad it worked ... eventually!
                    Elaine

Comment

Working...
                    X