Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping track of your checking.

Hi all,

I am slowly working towards the present from ancestor's siblings. So, I have a 4th cousin 3 times removed born 1910 - I know that I will have checked FreeBMD for a marriage a few years ago - but I look again. Any idea how I can easily see when I last looked? I'd like to have it staring at me in FTM (very old version) and not have to check the 'more' then the 'notes' tabs.
    I know I could have a card index but that seems to defeat the paperless office idea. I also have my wife's tree to contend with.
    Any suggestions welcomed.
    Thanks,
    SS

Update your FTM! And "win" yourself a 6-month Ancestry sub. The sources for events are onscreen when looking at an individual, though the "date when found" would have to be added into the detailed info. For anyone you studied more than a couple of years ago it's worth having another look anyway as there is so much more material online.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Right UJ,
      Son says that the clockwork on my computer is wearing out so I'd need an upgrade. He claims that I'm going to outlive it, but I'm not so sure.

SS

Comment

If your computer is more than about 5 years old and running anything earlier than Windows 7 (or possibly clunky Vista), he's dead right.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Ooooh UJ,
          I LOVE Vista. I have invested years of my time learning how to use 10% of what it is capable of. I don't want the 'new, improved' version that is a fix of what isn't broken.
          The firm I was with computerised in 1982 - the warehouse staff had an onscreen version of the paper form that they used to fill in. Great! Then the ivory tower dwellers came up with an improvement - but the overworked and underpaid warehouse staff couldn't be botherrd to fill in the delivery area and 2 codes plus plus, so they printed the form and wrote the address on. Ended up with the customer being charged cartage but not for the goods. Did the Ivory Tower lot have to fix things?
          Rant over,

SS

Comment

Working...
          X