Need help indentifying time period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help indentifying time period

This photograph is believed to have been taken somewhere in the Black Country, possibly in the Tipton, Coseley, Sedgley area. There are no identifying marks whatsover.
    A time period would be a tremendous help and as the group consists entirely of females we could narrow the search to ladies only organisations.

Any information would be most gratefully received ... this photo has been lurking unidentified for years ... it's time to reveal all !:D Thank you.
    Fancy hats.jpg

I'm not very good at this sort of thing. Until someone comes along who has though, have you looked in out 'Costume Gallery' to see whether it holds any clues? It's here - http://familytreeforum.com/wiki/inde...ostume_Gallery
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Looks like some of the photos my granny is in and they are roughly 1900 to 1910.
      Anne

Comment

Thank you Chrissie Smiff ...

Comment

Thank you Anne, will do some research of the Edwardian period...

Comment

have a look at the photo I posted in the "Memorabilia" section under Poole=Whiting wedding:
            A place to reunite family treasures and discuss restoration/conservation of memorabilia.

I know this was taken in 1897, so some of the hats may give you a clue.
            Geoff

Comment

Thank you Geoff ... your photo is a great help... My photo is of women and children only so we suspect it could be of a church based event, maybe a Mothers' Union group taken somewhere between 1895 and 1910.
              Nina

Comment

Working...
              X