Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aforesaid question

Received the rest of the wills yesterday shall not be buying many more

They dont say till you pay your £10 that there isn't one only Letters of Administration ,which I got for free on Ancestry.

Am interested to know what this means an Uncle died without leaving a will and his Father claimed it.

Dont want to put their names on here but after the Fathers name is says aforesaid Cropper ?
    what would you make of that?

Aforesaid means previously mentioned. So perhaps it was describing the father's occupation as a Cropper
    Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine he was a tailor and after googling I see its to do with cutting cloth.

Comment

Just out of interest, did these wills/admons fall within the available dates for National Probate Calendar on Ancestry? That would give you an indication of what to expect.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          Received the rest of the wills yesterday shall not be buying many more

They dont say till you pay your £10 that there isn't one only Letters of Administration ,which I got for free on Ancestry.

This surprises me as for two members of my family the entry on the probate calendar pages which come up when I search clearly states "Administration of ....... was granted" . The one in 1878, which of course was the same as that available on Ancestry, gave dates, address, amount and the name of the person admon was granted to, whilst the one from 1986 (my dad) listed address, dates and amount but not who it was granted to (no matter, it was me!)
          If there was a will the entry reads "The will of ..... was proved"
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I should have explained better only one wasn't a will ,they actually apologised about it Judith, but I think they should not take the order. These were the 20th century Uncle John I see what you mean maybe I should have read those on Ancestry better, think I got carried away.
            No Matter they weren't that important .
            Last edited by Guest; 01-01-15, 18:39.

Comment

Working...
            X