Christopher John & Gertrude May Kite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christopher John & Gertrude May Kite

Christopher John Kite Married Gertrude May Dyckhoff in 1919 Dartford Kent .They had 4 children. In 1947 Their son Christopher James & wife & 3 children Emigrated to Australia . On the Document of Identify it said that they had accommodation with this parents in Brisbane. But I can't find the dates for Christopher John & Gertrude May Emigrated It must be well before 1948 can you help please . Both these 2 people are now dead . they died in Queensland
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Hi again Sheila

Christopher John & Gertrude actually had six kids according to FreeBMD - there are three born in Dartford followed by three in Wandsworth, all with mother's maiden name Dyckhoff (though one is mistranscribed as Dyckhow and one as Dyckloff). Dates between 1920 to 1927.

They left UK 30 Mar 1929 on the Themistocles, bound for Sydney (Ancestry have them mistranscribed as "Hite"). Only 5 children with them on the voyage (did Christopher junior stay behind with relatives?). Their address in UK was in Wandsworth, which is where their youngest 3 children were born.

Christopher & Gertrude first appear on the Queensland electoral roll in 1936, when they were living in Riverview Estate, Mirani, QLD. He was a mill worker. They were still in Mirani in 1943, but by 1949 they were in Westminster Rd, Indooroopilly which is the address given by son Christopher James when he emigrated in 1948.

Let me know if you can't access the Ancestry record.

Cheers,
    Richard
    Last edited by Richard in Perth; 24-12-14, 04:59.

Comment

Did you see Christopher John's service records on National Archives Australia website? The digitised documents are not online, but you can request them:

B884, Q50696
      KITE CHRISTOPHER JOHN : Service Number - Q50696 : Date of birth - 12 Dec 1896 : Place of birth - FULHAM ENGLAND : Place of enlistment - GAYTHORNE QLD : Next of Kin - KITE GERTRUDE

B883, QX8125
      KITE CHRISTOPHER JOHN : Service Number - QX8125 : Date of birth - 12 Dec 1899 : Place of birth - ENGLAND : Place of enlistment - ROCKHAMPTON QLD : Next of Kin - KITE GERTRUDE

Also, there are service records for three of his sons. There are online docs (including photo!) for Richard:

B883, QX8302
      KITE JOHN EDWARD : Service Number - QX8302 : Date of birth - 22 Apr 1920 : Place of birth - LONDON ENGLAND : Place of enlistment - ROCKHAMPTON QLD : Next of Kin - KITE PHYLLIS

B883 QX45947
      KITE LEONARD ALBERT : Service Number - QX45947 : Date of birth - 19 Apr 1923 : Place of birth - LONDON ENGLAND : Place of enlistment - BRISBANE QLD : Next of Kin - KITE ETHEL

B883, QX53897
      KITE RICHARD ALBERT : Service Number - QX53897 : Date of birth - 06 Jul 1925 : Place of birth - LONDON ENGLAND : Place of enlistment - REDBANK QLD : Next of Kin - KITE CHRISTOPHER

Comment

Thank you Richard, I did manage to get the Document of identity 2 girls who were from Kathe first marriage & a 9 month old Christopher James 1948 So I don't know about the ones you have just found . I'll grab the Photo thanks I'll look for that . I did not know Gertrude had 6 kids I must find them
        Thank again Richard I'll away and take a hard copy ( I seem to be doing a lot of that ) and get back to you after Christmas 1 way or another.

From Tropical North Queensland I hope you have a fantastic time

Comment

Ooh I just found an article on Kathe Shulz - the wife of Christopher junior

Apparently her 1st husband was Horst Schulz, a German infantry captain who was killed by the Russians in 1943. Great article - tells how she and Christopher met, too!

A GERMAN widow, whose two daughters "were starving in the Russian zone of Germany after the war," later married an English-man. They were among migrants who reached ...

Comment

Wonderful !!!!! Tar Muchly

Comment

Originally posted by Sheila from Down Under View Post
              Thank you Richard, I did manage to get the Document of identity 2 girls who were from Kathe first marriage & a 9 month old Christopher James 1948 So I don't know about the ones you have just found
              Well they are of course Christopher James' siblings, not his children! Anyway have a good Christmas,

Richard
              Last edited by Richard in Perth; 24-12-14, 06:23.

Comment

Hi.would like too add to this that christopher john kite n gertrude dyckhoff are my grandparents. Their children james henry kite 22nd april 1921 is my dad (deceased 16 august 98) n his twin brother is john edward kite (uncle jack)(deceased).also was leonard (lenny)albert kite.richard albert kite(uncle dick)(deceased) n a brother i believe older christopher kite(going by memory of my dad) n a sister nelda by memory....My dad told me roughly he came over australia when he was 5..I dnt recall ever meeting my grandfather christopher but do recall an image of grandma(trudy) sitting elderly in her chair with her crotcheted blanket.Childhood i can remember only uncle dick n uncle jack.i dnt know too much of my family history but always wondered bout the uncle i didnt know.christopher kite...ty for the extra knowledge that came up in this forum

Comment

Good Morning Shani from Tropical North Queensland, Thank you for the extra info, every little helps I'll pm you

Comment

Working...
                  X