Army records question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army records question

I have been trying to obtain all Army records for my Fathers siblings, who served in the second World War, one of them has been hard to pin down, I did apply for them but they could not find them.
    Last night I chatted to his last surviving Sister who informed me he served 7 years in India as a Male Nurse I do have a photo which is supposed to be him in India, I really want to pin down which Regiment he may have been in if he served all his time there, she thinks he joined up long before the War started and he came home around 1937.
    Any ideas welcome
    Last edited by Guest; 22-12-14, 10:48.

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    .... in the second World War ... she thinks he joined up long before the War started and he came home around 1937.
    Hi Val

When you say "came home around 1937" does that mean when he left the forces? 'cos WWII didn't start until 1939, so if that's when he left the service, no wonder the MOD can't find any records for him.

Or am I mis-reading it?

When was he born? Does that chime with service before WWII?

STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

hi and thanks for replying yes she reckons he joined up before the war he was born in 1913 ,and when he came home with stories of what it was like his younger brother joined up in 1938 thinking he would go to India too but he was sent to Hong Kong
      Unless he came home on leave then went back ? but she says he went off to Scotland.
      Last edited by Guest; 22-12-14, 11:42.

Comment

On the photo you have of [supposedly] him in India, is he in uniform? If so, can you tell whether he's in Army nurse's uniform, rather than just a nurse's uniform - if you see what I mean?

STG
        Last edited by SmallTownGirl; 22-12-14, 11:45.

Comment

I do have two photos of him one in Army Uniform and one in what could be what he was wearing in India, I did ask about him years ago and somebody said the Army Uniform could have been the Cameroons
          I'll post the photos up
          Last edited by Guest; 22-12-14, 12:19.

Comment

henry.jpgHenry India.jpg
            here they are

Comment

Beyond my area of expertise I'm afraid, Val.

Maybe someone with military knowledge will be along to help soon.

STG

Comment

thanks for trying

Comment

thanks Edna shall get right on it

Comment

Working...
                  X