The Kite Family 1948

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kite Family 1948

Hello I have asked this question on an other site but no one can answer so I hope you can

Christopher John Kite born 1920 married Kathie Schuly in Dartford in 1947. On 11 Nov: 1948 she and her husband boarded the HM Morton Bay bound for Brisbane .On the passenger list it state Christopher J 28 Kathe 29 , and children Karen G age 7, Inge D age 9 & Christopher J 9 months.
    So it would seem that Karen G & Inge D were not of this marriage. Can you please help find their mother.

Christopher J snr: & this wife Gertrude died in Australia they are the mother & father of Christopher J born 1920
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

It is nearly 2 pm here and I must leave for a while

Comment

According to the youngest son Christopher's birth record, her maiden name was Schulz, not Schuly:

Births Mar 1948
      Kite Christopher J Schulz Dartford 5b 762

Anyway, they are on another passenger list, showing their arrival in Fremantle, Western Australia. The two elder children have the double-barrelled surname of Kite-Schulz, suggesting they were of this couple, but born out of wedlock:

Fremantle, Western Australia, Passenger Lists, 1897-1963
      DEPARTURE PLACE: London, United Kingdom
      ARRIVAL DATE: 11 Dec 1948
      ARRIVAL PLACE: Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
      VESSEL: Moreton Bay

Kite, Mr Christoper
      Kite, Mrs Kathleen
      Kite-Schulz, Miss Inge (9)
      Kite-Schulz, Miss Karen (7)
      Kite, Mas Christopher (9/12)

Their intended final destination was Westmnster Road, indooroopilly, Brisbane.
      Last edited by Richard in Perth; 20-12-14, 03:17.

Comment

This could be Kathie's death:

KITE Kathleen (Kath) Death notice 28JAN2008 Death 89 late of Veronica Nursing Home, Kincumber, formerly of Forresters Beach Central Coast Express Advocate 01FEB2008

& Possibly her son Christopher?:

KITE Christopher James Probate notice 29APR2014 Publication late of Burleigh Heads, Qld, formerly of Miami, Qld Gold Coast Bulletin 29APR2014
        Last edited by Richard in Perth; 20-12-14, 04:18.

Comment

Thank you Richard that give me something to look at Thanks Again

Comment

Can any one please help as what the J stands for in Christopher J Kite 1948 and Christopher J the father born 1920. I have gone round in circles and don't know which is which. HELP women going mad !!!!!!!!

Comment

Am I right to understand from the above that all the deaths have been found for those whose names are mentioned in full please? Otherwise of course I would need to remove them.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Yes Chrissie Smiff all are dead 1 died earlier this year

Comment

Thanks Sheila
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

They were both Christopher James - their immigration documents are on the National Archives of Australia website (including digital images):

Kite, Christopher James - wife Kathe Elfriede Klara [nee Krinsch] and children Christopher James, Karen Gustave and Inge Dietgard - departed Southampton on SS Moreton Bay 11 November 1948 - arrived Brisbane 5 January 1949

According to this, Kathe's maiden name was Krinsch, & the elder children were from her previous marriage, presumably to a Mr Schulz. She was born in Germany.

The document has the full names, dates & places of birth for all 5 people. Very useful!

Richard
                    Last edited by Richard in Perth; 21-12-14, 01:00.

Comment

Richard you really are a genius Thank you Soooooooo much xox From Tropical North Queensland I hope you have a safe & Happy Christmas

Comment

No worries Sheila - glad we found them. The NAA is an excellent resource, always worth a look when researching in Aus.

Cheers,
                        Richard

Comment

Working...
                        X