I think I've made a mistake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I've made a mistake.

Hi, is it possible for someone to check my findings please? I think I've made a mistake somewhere.

I have a Mary Chapman born in 1847, Stockton to a Thomas Chapman & Sarah ..... I've got Sarah down as a Snaith but it can't be correct as I can't find a marriage between any Chapman's or Snaith's at all. I have Thomas born in roughly 1808, Broughton but that came from the 1851 & 1861 Censuses as I haven't really focused on the Chapman side yet.

Then again I can't really remember where Snaith came from either :(

Thank you & merry early Christmas.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Where was the family living in 1851, please? (Have just had a quick look and haven't found a Sarah Chapman, born c1847 & daughter of a Thomas & Sarah, in Co Durham:( )

Jay
    Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 18-12-14, 21:57.
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

In 1841 there is a family headed by George Snaith aged 31 living in the same house as your Chapman family. http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/89...l=ReturnRecord
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
        Where was the family living in 1851, please? (Have just had a quick look and haven't found a Sarah Chapman, born c1847 & daughter of a Thomas & Sarah, in Co Durham:( )

Jay
        Do you have Ancestry Janet, if so here they are in 1851. http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/88...l=ReturnRecord
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thanks Judith - I was looking elsewhere and didn't get a hit.

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I'm soo sorry for not replying but I was also talking to a fellow Genealogist in a Facebook Message and suffice to say some parents named Isaac Chapman & Mary Biggins have been found for a Thomas Chapman born in Great Boughton and baptised on the 15th February 1808. Also on this tree is the 15th Century Sir Arthur Champernowne, 1st cousin to Sir Walter Raleigh who is supposed to have had a son named William Chapman but nothing is making sense and as I haven't exactly done the research myself I'm just going to take it as wishful thinking.
            Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Working...
            X