UK Incoming Passenger Record Lookup Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Incoming Passenger Record Lookup Please

I hope some kind member can let me know the details of a UK incoming passenger Hugh CUMMING. There are two possible records, one arriving Liverpool, the other (and more likely) arriving Glasgow. The date of arrival to the UK should be between Jun 1907 and Jun 1910. His age in 1907 would be 22 (and so 25 by 1910). I hope that one of these records fits and thanks for any help

There is a record for a Hugh Cumming aged 27, arriving at Liverpool aboard the Montfort from Montreal, Canada on 29 November 1900, probably not your man though.

Also a Hugh Cumming aged 22 arriving in Montreal from Glasgow on 19 June 1907 aboard the Scicillian. This one was a jute worker and was born in Scotland.

I can't see the records that you are referring to of an arrival in either Liverpool or Glasgow between 1907 & 1910 though.
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Thanks for looking Sue - the Montreal arrival is the right person (or should be if he returns!).

I can discount the Liverpool return thanks.

There is a Hugh CUMMING arrival Glasgow, but I don't know the date (hidden as I don't have a sub.). Could you, if you wouldn't mind, have a look for that Glasgow record and let me know the details?

Comment

As Sue is not online now, could another kind soul help me with the arrival of Hugh CUMMING to Glasgow (there's only one record that comes up with this name): it would be very helpful to me to rule this person in or out! Thanks

Comment

These are the 4 coming up but the ages are a bit out

Hugh Cumming
          46 abt 1876 5 Mar 1922 St John, New Brunswick, Canada Glasgow, Scotland to Woodside Aberdeen loom fixer

Hugh Cumming
          33 abt 1891 23 Oct 1924 Montréal, Québec, Canada Glasgow, Scotland South Shields - Sailor

Hugh Cumming
          27 abt 1897 1 Jun 1924 New York, New York, United States Glasgow, Scotland No Address - Machinist

Hugh Cumming
          5 Mar 1922 St John, New Brunswick, Canada Glasgow, Scotland

No birth given for last one but his destination is Woodside Aberdeen .......as 1st one - been listed twice
          Last edited by Katarzyna; 17-12-14, 09:57.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks for your help Kat

Comment

Working...
            X