Ancestry tree searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry tree searches

Is anybody else having this problem when you used to click on a name and then search for records you then could click on that name and go back to that person in your tree, I am now finding the name disappears and I have to go back to the whole tree instead.
    Its so frustrating.

I can't help on the above but I keep getting told that the hints feature is temporarily unavailable. This doesn't happen with everyone on my tree just some.
    Has Ancestry got problems at the moment or is it me!!

Comment

I am having silly issues like that too, dont know whats going on.
      Had a reply from Ancestry they said they went into my account and tried a search and the name of the person was there to return to ? dont know why I'm not seeing it.

Comment

I presumed it was just me - that I was doing something wrong - so thanks for restoring my confidence. I get so frustrated by the amount of back clicking I resort to returning to home and starting again.

Comment

Julite thats exactly what I have been doing ,will you please tell them that as they dont seem to believe me if enough say something they will have to look into it..

Comment

Julite I found if you just click on the persons name in the tree it takes you back to them

Comment

I may not be entirely right here but I have had the same problem trying to go back into a person's main page after searching. I have noticed that, although there is no clue that this is the case, before you leave the search page and expect the main "person page" to appear as usual, instead, click on the person's name shown at top of "hints" page and you will get back to main page. I am not entirely sure that this happens every time but does seem to be a way of getting round this sudden change. Wish we were more informed about changes on the site.
              I repeatedly get a notice saying "page not available" when searching or wanting to go back to main page - haven't a clue why but incredibly irritating - seems to happen mostly when looking at a census.

Sue

Comment

. Many thanks V.wIns - Just tried it - success -but what lateral thought processes took you to that less than obvious solution!

Comment

Julite Was getting so fed up with it I tried just about everything I could think of and was pleasantly surprised.
                  Sue they really should give a tutorial for new things

Comment

Working...
                  X