John Souter b 1754

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Souter b 1754

I am trying to find out some information about John Souter b 1754 Buriton, Hampshire.

John was b1754 at Buriton and d 1821 aged 67 at Buriton, I think his Father was called James who was a Maltster from Froxfield.
    John married Hannah Windebank March 1778.
    They had a son William b 1778
    Hannah died same year.
    What I am trying to find out is, did John re-marry and if so to whom? seeing as he was only 21.

Kind Regards

Tony Suter

The only one near that date on FS is at Alverstoke about 15 miles I think from Buriton to Diane Mills in 1781
    no proof though that it is the right person
    Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

a later one https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N2GL-ZMG to Sarah Barry in Catherington 1784

Edna

Comment

Hi Tony, I have ancestors from Buriton too. If you're not already aware of this website I've found it quite useful:

Sue

PS.. Your John's burial is listed with a spelling variation, as John Suter in 1821
      Last edited by Crafty Sue; 14-12-14, 07:41. Reason: added info
      Sue

Comment

John Suter b 1754

Originally posted by Crafty Sue View Post
        Hi Tony, I have ancestors from Buriton too. If you're not already aware of this website I've found it quite useful:

Sue

PS.. Your John's burial is listed with a spelling variation, as John Suter in 1821
        Hi Sue,

Thank you for your reply, I have John's burial of 1821 at Buriton and I will have a look at Rootsweb which I have to admit I haven't checked.
        Kind Regards
        Tony

Comment

John Suter b 1754

Originally posted by Tony Suter View Post
          Hi Sue,

Thank you for your reply, I have John's burial of 1821 at Buriton and I will have a look at Rootsweb which I have to admit I haven't checked.
          Kind Regards
          Tony
          Hi again Sue,

Just checked and to let you know that I have been on the Rootsweb site previously, sorry my mistake. I also have found it very useful but not found any other entries for John Suter' marriage's apart from Hannah Windebank in 1778.

Thank You
          Tony

Comment

Hi again Sue,

Just checked and to let you know that I have been on the Rootsweb site previously, sorry my mistake. I also have found it very useful but not found any other entries for John Suter' marriage's apart from Hannah Windebank in 1778.

Thank You
            Tony
            I didn't find any other entries either, sorry :-(
            Sue

Comment

Another site I use for Hampshire, has links to various parishes:

Apologies if you've already seen this one :o

Sue
              Sue

Comment

On the above site under the Froxfield & Steep marriage there is an interesting one (maybe just for me though!)

9 Oct 1754 James Souter a malster of Froxfield to Jane Durman a widow of Terwick - married at Terwick by banns
                the witnesses were William Chase & Richard Pannell

My 5th & 6th Gt Grandfathers were both named Richard Pannell, so I will have a closer look at those!

Sue
                Sue

Comment

Hi Sue,

Yes I also saw the same entry for James Souter, their marriage being the same year as John's birth. Thank you for telling me about Lineone.net I will certainly have a look. I purchased a CD from S&N, Hampshire Marriage Licences 1689-1837 but the only entry that it had in for Suter was John's Wedding to Hannah Windibank in 1778.

Thank You

Tony

Comment

Hi Sue,

Yes I also saw the same entry for James Souter, their marriage being the same year as John's birth. Thank you for telling me about Lineone.net I will certainly have a look. I purchased a CD from S&N, Hampshire Marriage Licences 1689-1837 but the only entry that it had in for Suter was John's Wedding to Hannah Windibank in 1778.

Thank You

Tony
                    Hope you find something useful Tony

Sue
                    Sue

Comment

Working...
                    X