Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol Marriage

Hi and happy Christmas to you all!
    I was wondering if anyone has access to St Philip and St Jacob's marriages. I actually think that they're held at Bristol Archives. But with me living Leeds, I can never find the time to drive down there!

The marriage took place in November 1881 between Eliza Williams and John Morris. It's on FamilySearch but doesn't include John or Eliza's occupations.

Thanks!

Betty
    Betty

Unfortunately, FamilySearch has stopped their photodup service, but the good news is that you can still request the film to your nearest Family History Centre for a smallish fee, and view the film yourself - if no one can make it to the archives itself.

Comment

Thanks
      Betty

Comment

I need John's occupation to help me locate him in the 1881 census which was taken before his marriage to Eliza. Eliza had remarried by the 1891 census so they aren't actually in a census together. I'm assuming John had died somewhere in between 1881 and 1891. I have his date of birth and father's name but without an occupation or residence, there's not much to go on in finding him.
        Last edited by pinkivory; 11-12-14, 17:00.
        Betty

Comment

His occupation should be on his marriage certificate. Do you not have that?
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

No, I don't and the transciption on FamilySearch only gives his age, marital status and father.
            Betty

Comment

For £9.25 you can purchase the marriage certificate (which is a copy of the entry in the register which you would see at the archives) The reference you need is John Morris, Dec Quarter, Bristol district, volume 6a, page 92. Order from the official GRO site https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/Login.asp
              Last edited by JudithM; 11-12-14, 21:44.
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

The marriage Cert will give both the bride and groom's ages and occupations - if any- and their address at the time of marriage. Also it will have both father's names and their occupations or whether or not deceased. Worth every penny!
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks, I've got the certificate
                  Betty

Comment

Working...
                  X