John Robson Royal Naval Reserve Sunderland 1865 or Before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Robson Royal Naval Reserve Sunderland 1865 or Before

Hello All, I am looking for more info on the above John Robson who died after an Accident in 1865 aged 25ish, I wondering if there is any info on him in the Royal Naval Reserve records, as I have never found a birth or Baptism for him.
    I am pretty sure his parents were John Robson and Eleanor Urwin through Census records.

Thanks
    Allan

was he born in Sunderland
    Last edited by Guest; 10-12-14, 20:03.

Comment

a John Robson and an Eleanor Urwin got married in 1826 in Durham do you think thats his parents? as the one in 1851 John was born in 1808 and Eleanor in 1809 maybe too young to have married in 1826
      There is a marriage for a John Robson in 1838 South Shields where it looks like Eleanor was born, marrying either a Jane Robson,a Mary Walker, a Eleanor Ridley,a Dorothy Grieves.
      Last edited by Guest; 10-12-14, 20:44.

Comment

Hi Val, I am sure John Robson and Eleanor where his parents, John the Naval reserve I think was born in Hetton-Le-Hole as he was aged 1 on the 1841 Census.

Comment

This is worth following up.
          Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
          Phil
          historyhouse.co.uk
          Essex - family and local history.

Comment

I'm sorry, forget this one. He seems to appear in the 1871 census so it can't be him.
            Can you give the census references for those in which John appears?
            Phil
            historyhouse.co.uk
            Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Hi Phil. Thanks for your reply, I cant give the Census refs, in 1841 he loved in Pemberton st Hetton le hole with his mother Eleanor siblings Mary Ann, Elizabeth and Douglas, in 1851 he lived at 20 Neasham sq Sunderland, with his parents John and Eleanor and sister Margaret, brother Armstrong.
              1861 lived with his wife Eleanor and son Douglas, his age is wrong on this he says he is 23 and born in Bishopwearmouth. he died aged 25 in 1865.

Comment

where did he die ?? are you saying he died in the Navy ?
                and I think you might be right about Eleanors maiden name as looks like they had their first child Robert in 1828?
                Last edited by Guest; 11-12-14, 13:33.

Comment

if he died in 1865 how can somebody have a son William born in 1870? in her family tree also she says his name was John Parkinson Robson is that correct ,are you sure its his death? in 1865 do you have the cert?
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-12-14, 13:47.

Comment

Hi Val, John died after falling from a Train at Seaton Station between Hartlepool and Sunderland,31st May 1865. he was on his way to Royal Naval Reserve training, His widowed wife had a child out of wedlock in 1870 to a William Pratt.

Comment

John Parkinson Robson is no link, that's a different family.

Comment

do you have the newspaper article of the accident ?

Comment

There where newspaper articles about the Accident and an Inquest but no family were mentioned so it didn't help at all, it gave his age as 26 but the parish records stated he was 25 which I believe was his true age, when he got married in Jan 1860 he gave his age as 22, I think he was barely 20, lol

Comment

Working...
                          X