X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New on Ancestry this morning

New Zealand, Cemetery Records, 1800-2007

Linda

Thanks but do not have the right sub to view the record. Would be very grateful if someone could tell me what the record says.

"David Brain (sic should be Brian) Long year dd mm 1953 Auckland cemetery"

Thank you

Comment

David Brian Long, 11 Westwell Road, Belmont. Aged 3, child, died 29. 4. 1953. Cremated 30. 4. 1953. To Morris 13.5.1953 (does say Brian in the actual doc.)

Anne

Comment

Thank you Anne. He may be my cousin. We don't know where he was buried because my aunt and uncle, who are now dead, did not even tell his siblings. Does anyone know what "To Morris 13.5.1953" means?

Thanks

Comment

The records for Waikumete Cemetery in Auckland show that the funeral director was H MORRIS FUNERAL SERVICES LTD. Perhaps the ashes were returned to them on 13 May for a private burial/scattering somewhere else.

Comment

Koromo - Thank you for that. I was afraid that it might be the case which means that his siblings have nowhere to visit and leave flowers in remembrance. It is part of a very sad story.

Comment

The funeral company is still around: http://hmorris.co.nz/

You could contact them and maybe they would have a record of what happened to the remains.

Comment

Thank you Richard. May well do that but suspect that they may say it is confidential and not being a direct family member not entitled to know, but it is worth a try. I so wanted to do all the work and then let his siblings know the outcome.

Comment

PS Richard - we last spoke in 2007 about the Gilberts of Tenterden. I can't remember whether I sent you the copies of some wills I have for them! If not I am sorry and will do so.

Comment

Oh yes - I remember! Would love copies of the wills if you have them. Will pm you!

Cheers, Richard.

Comment

Working...
                    X