Where is Death ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Death ?

I am trying to find the death for William Benjamin Cluer born 26th September 1893 in Shoreditch London. His Parents were William Charles Cluer and Elizabeth Ward. He had an older sister Elizabeth born in 1891 in Hoxton. They both appear in 1901 census. age 8 and 10. Thanks Pam

Had a quick look but found nothing. Do you have them on 1911 census.

The name Cluer is ripe for being mistranscribed. Can't find anything at all for you but sure some one will help you.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Not having much luck on this one but could this be his father in 1909? Might help you find a possible mistranscription in 1911 census if you can search by address?
      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3....3-0?cc=2228170

Christine
      Last edited by Karamazov; 02-12-14, 20:19.
      Researching:
      HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thanks I do understand that Cluer is sometimes spelt and transcribed incorrectly, but have tried looking at some of theses, however I feel that his death would have been recorded as Cluer, and would be spelt this way in GRO index. His Father was in another relationship in 1911 and is with Caroline Amelia Brett 'Wife' but they never actually married, on the census with Robert Cluer and Albdert J .and stepson Charles from Carolines previous marriage to Charles Poulton. So the 1911 census is not much help in finding William Benjamin . Thanks for all the help Kind Regards Pam

Comment

William the father is on the 1901 census twice, once with his family with his age slightly out and once as a boarder with his age correct. I'd lay odds that the couple have separated and Elizabeth has supplied the information to the enumerator. It would be worth looking for Elizabeth and her children on the 1911 with a different surname. If William senior was free to marry Caroline Brett then you would assume that he would have done so. It probably means Elizabeth is still alive.
          Rick

Comment

A Death for William J Clare 1950 Chelsea London born 1896 age 54 Vol 5C page 301 line 89

a possible maybe

Edna

Comment

There's a William Benjamin Dewer of the right age, born Islington in the Royal Lancashire Regt in 1911. I can't find any other trace of him. The image says Dewer, but you could see how Cl could be mistaken for D.
              Rick

Comment

Working...
              X