How do I avoid getting spammed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I avoid getting spammed?

I recently sent an e-mail to a regular correspondent which did not arrive. Repeated attempts were unsuccessful. Neither of us was having any other problems. I then forwarded my message to my second e-mail account where is was identified as spam.

The message contained comments on my friend's search for work, news of my daughter's new flat and details of our Christmas preparations. What subjects/phrases/words should I avoid to prevent being spammed in future?

From what you are saying I think what you are looking for here is a way to prevent a message being marked as spam. The best way to do this is by using message filters. I think almost every email client or service will allow you to mark a message as 'Not Junk' if it originates from someone in your address book. Of course if someone hijacks an account then you will get those messages but frankly there is very little you can do about that.

If it is a webmail service, like gmail, which is marking the messages then you will need to go online and alter the settings in the account. Equally this all applies to the person to whom you are sending the messages.

David
    Last edited by DavidNewton; 02-12-14, 10:23.

Comment

Thanks, David. I'll give it a try. I'm a bit of an ignoramus when it comes to things technical.

Comment

Working...
      X