Samsung 10.3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung 10.3.1

I have had this tablet for about a year but cannot understand why sometimes the battery charges from say 50% to full in about three hours. On other occasions it takes simply hours and still does not appear fully charged. I mean the battery when charged shows a full battery saying 100%. Last week I left it on ten hours and still the battery appeared to be charging up.
    This has always been like this since I purchased it at John Lewis who kept telling me it was because it was new and things would improve. We now have a Samsung shop with very helpful staff in Bournemouth and I have had so many different explanations I could write a book.

I just think that I have had a faulty battery since purchase. Has anyone else had the problem? Other than that I love it but maybe the time has come to buy a mini ipad or even the Tesco tablet.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Hi Margaret

It seems that you have been given the run-around by John Lewis and Samsung. A quick internet search reveals that this is not an uncommon problem with the Samsung tablets - and sadly no serious solutions seem to be forthcoming.

The phrase that springs to mind is "not fit for purpose" but at this stage I am not sure what you can do. Ask John Lews or Samsung for a replacement maybe, but I can't see that working. Sorry.

David

Comment

If you are under the year, I would keep pushing for a replacement due to the tablet being not fit for purpose as you have notified both JL and Samsung about the problem. It might be handy to point out to the shop that faulty batteries are not an unknown problem for Samsung. (the company got so many complaints about duff batteries with the Galaxy 4 phone that they now offer a free replacement battery for customers who turn up at their nearest Samsung Service Centre). JL are usually pretty good on customer service, sorry to hear you have not had such a good experience. If you need to end up involving your local council Trading Standards then if you have any records of your previous conversations/correspondence with them it would help you.

I've had a lookaround Google there are loads of queries about how to alleviate Tab3 batteries drain but nothing about the company admitting a fault though.

Comment

Thank you both for your replies and I am pleased that I am not a lone with this problem.
        I am thinking of a mini i pad next as I would like one that is smaller. Their seem to be a large range and some of them appear to have an excellent battery life and others about the same as my Samsung.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
        X