Disaster H e l p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disaster H e l p

Downloading Windows 8.1... Blue screen with all the different wifi networks and it says click 'next, but my cursor has completed disappeared. H E L P

Linda

I have moved your post to the computer section Linda as I thought you might get quicker/more expert help here.
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 18-11-14, 19:21.

Hi Linda

We are going to need some more information to try to solve this. There is some overlap between the questions
    (1) Which Windows version are you currently using?
    (2) Are you downloading the free upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 8.1?
    (3) When you say Blue Screen is this the 'Windows Blue Screen of Death' namely Windows is shutting down
    because of a hardware problem?
    (4) Have you lost the internet connection on your WiFi and what message do you get for that.
    (5) When you get the click next at what point is this - is the download complete? or is this at the beginning of the download? or even somewhgere in the middle.
    (6) Unfortunately loss of cursor can happen for all sorts of reasons. Is your keyboard still working? Try the 3-fingered salute Ctrl+Alt+Del if that produces nothing then it is probable that the operating system is stuck
    (7) If you do a forced shutdown (press and hold the power button) does the computer restart normally and if not what messages do you get.

David

Comment

Linda,

I know David has given you the best possible answer. When I had a similar problem and the cursor had gone completely missing I Pressed Control Key and let go of it in several places around the screen and it appeared again almost off screen. The control button just circles it just for a second so that you can pick it up again.
      Last edited by Margaret N; 18-11-14, 22:02.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thanks. I have a friend who does technical support as a job and she phoned me and sorted it. Don't ask me what we did I just did what she said. Went on about 6 different screens and am now back to Windows 8...won't bother with that again

Thanks

Linda

Comment

Working...
        X