British Newspapers help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Newspapers help please

Could some kind person please look up Thomas Morrey (or Murrey/Murray) landlord of The Horns Inn, Bridge Street, Wrexham. He was there from 1858 till he died at the inn and was buried on 28 March 1863.

I have googled him and found various things including adverts seeking custom but the references to the text are so bad I'm not sure what they are all about. I think the character recognition software the site uses must be a bit duff.

Is there an obituary for him or a funeral announcement?

If anything is found I'll pm my email address as I'd like the images to pass on to the archive of his former employer who has been helping me with my research into Thomas. He must have been a well known character as there was a poem written about him in 1912 by a descendant of the family he worked with before he took over the pub.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 16-11-14, 11:37.

Found a death notice for him - if you pm me I'll send it to you. I'll keep looking to see if anything else shows up.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Did he have a son also called Thomas - found an entry in 1866, altercation with the police. Do you want that too?
      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Yes he did. His wife was Mary and the children Mary, thomas and William. I didn't know about the altercation though. it would be good to have that as well please. I'll pm you. Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
        X