Help please - parish registers barnet, herts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please - parish registers barnet, herts

Hi. I am venturing into a new area of the country for my research and trying to find out whether the parish registers for barnet are available on line. I am looking for a marriage from 1975. Thank you

Find My Past has on-line access to the Hertfordshire Parish Records, but not anywhere near that recent - the Hertfordshire Archives have marriages for some Barnet parishes up to about the end of the 1980s ( a full list is here). After that you may find they are still held by the churches. Is the record you want not listed on the GRO indexes ?
    Last edited by AntonyM; 14-11-14, 17:13.
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Yes the record is on the GRO indexes but I thought that if I could see the parish register then I could confirm that this was the correct marriage before I buy the certificate. At this point in time I am not 100% certain. I will have a look at the Hertfordshire Archives and see if I can see anything. Thank you

Comment

Just to clarify - The Hertfordshire link I posted is to the list of original registers held, Herts Archives don't provide online access to them, other than those already available via FMP.
        Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
        Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thank you, I've have just realised that!

Comment

WHy don't you e-mail HALS (Hertfordshire Archive & Library Service)? They are very helpful and might be able to provide the information you need.

Use this link to contact them. You need to find out if they actually hold the record. Recent church records can still be with the church.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:
            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth. I have just e mailed them

Comment

Working...
              X