Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone able to read German

Hi all ,

Have found a death record for Jacob Samuel Rosenthal in Berlin on the 17 May 1875. Would anyone be able to tell me what the record says please.

Thanks Sue

I can read a bit - will have a go if you point me in the right direction.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Sue, as long as the writing isn't too bad I should be able to do it for you. Please pm me.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Hi Sue, I have printed out a copy of his death certificate - the script is in Sütterlin (an old form of German handwriting). I have personally completed a Sütterlin course. I will translate the certificate and send you the English translation. Or do you want it translated into modern German handwriting? Either way it is no problem.

Brian

Comment

Hi all , Thankyou for helping

Brian could you translate it into English please.

sue

Comment

Originally posted by niftynannie View Post
            Hi all , Thankyou for helping

Brian could you translate it into English please.

sue

ok, will do.

Comment

Hi
              Oz Girl it is on ancestry and Elizabeth the writing is shocking.

Comment

I only have access to British records, so won't be able to see it.
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:
                England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Hi Sue,

I have completed the translations - please PM me your email address, so that I can send them to you as attachments.

Comment

Thankyou so much Brian. Really appreciate your time and effort.

Sue

Comment

Working...
                    X