Probate Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate Record

Hiya, is it possible that someone can look at a will for me to see what the information is please?

Samuel Fenny
    Stockton-on-tees
    Died: 8th Aug 1879
    Buried: 10th Aug 1879

Thank you
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Can't look at the will, you would have to pay £10 to purchase it for that but on the probate index he is shown as a farmer of Stockton. Personal estate under £1,500 Probate granted to Joseph Preston of Swainby, a farmer, and George Rayne Wright of 15 East Street Stockton a milk seller - they were the executors, there is no way of knowing from this what was left and to whom.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

All you get is a copy of the entry in the Probate Calendar - you have to apply to the Probate Registry for the actual will (£10)

Probate calendar entry:
      FENNY Samuel
      9 September. The Will of Samuel Fenny late of stockton in the County of Durham Farmer who died 8 August 1879 at Stockton was proved at Durham by Joseph Preston of Swainby in the North Riding of the County of York Farmer and George Rayne Wright of 15 East-street Stockton Mild Seller the Executors.
      Personal Estate under £1,5000
      Elaine

Comment

Oops I guess I should have been a little more specific in saying it was the Ancestry one, however it does look as though Elaine has found it for me. Kindly excuse me as I pass out over the amount of money that was left.

Comment

Coughs discretely - actually Sarah I found it for you as well - see message above Elaine's. Not sure what you mean about the amount - all it says is it was under £1,500 (one thousand five hundred)
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Judith, it was the extra 0 that I saw attached to Elaine's that had me almost passing out, it was only after I'd commented that I had spotted your reply and for that I do apologize. In the 1881 census I've found his son James living in the house that Samuel had been in previously and there's no sign of his Mum.

Comment

oops, sorry to get you excited Sarah. Bit of a typo error on my post! Judith had the right amount!
              Elaine

Comment

It's perfectly alright Elaine, it gave us a much needed laugh in the end ;)

Comment

Interestingly enough the 19th Century Newspapers has an article of auction, all the houses went to either his children or the auctioneers themselves. There's at least 12 properties within different streets.

For sale.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X