Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winifred Daisy (Franks) Bryant - could someone check Ancestry Passenger Lists please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winifred Daisy (Franks) Bryant - could someone check Ancestry Passenger Lists please

I am just tidying up loose ends so this isn't urgent. With your help in the past, have tracked Winifred Daisy through a probably informal adoption to the Franks family up to the 1911 census when she is in a convalescent home. Described as Winifred Bryant, a domestic servant, born 1884 Penarth, Cardiff, Wales. Her BMD birth reg is Dec 1883.

No good trace of her after that:

http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...+Franks+Bryant

The only thing not tried in above thread was the passenger lists. Obviously, don't know date or place of departure. Imagine she is going by name of Winifred Daisy Bryant born 1883-4, Penarth, Cardiff.

Many thanks.
    Liz

what about this death
    Winifred D Franks
    born abt 1885
    Sep 1968 age 83
    Cleveland Yorkshire North Riding
    1B 551

Comment

or Winifred D Franks
      born abt 1878
      age 65
      Sep 1943
      Edmonton Middlesex
      3A 798

Comment

Val - thank you for that. Perhaps need now to check that name against children in that area born to her to see if that is her married name. As she was unlikely to have been formally adopted, and she had the surname Bryant in 1911 census, I do think her surname would remain as Bryant.
        Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          or Winifred D Franks
          born abt 1878
          age 65
          Sep 1943
          Edmonton Middlesex
          3A 798
          Funnily enough, Val, her brother's daughter (my mother) married and lived in Edmonton...
          Liz

Comment

did she marry then ? I didn't know ?

Comment

No, Val, I don't know either. It is her brother's daughter who married .

On general search on Ancestry there is a probate entry for a Daisy Bryant in 1954 Cardiff. Could you open it for me Val and see if a possibility:

Bottom of this page: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...883&sbo=1&so=2
              Liz

Comment

There is a US grave entry on Ancestry for a Winifred Bryant born 1883 bottom of page:

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...AAi0AB12Bo-61-

Can you open that one, Val?
                Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Liz from Lancs View Post
                  No, Val, I don't know either. It is her brother's daughter who married .

On general search on Ancestry there is a probate entry for a Daisy Bryant in 1954 Cardiff. Could you open it for me Val and see if a possibility:

Bottom of this page: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...883&sbo=1&so=2
                  Oh dear, carried on scrolling the pages and there are a few with this name for Probate. Think this is an impossible one.
                  Liz

Comment

the grave is for a Winifred Harrigan parents Dennis and Mary Harrigan it says Sister Bryani so maybe a NUN

Comment

and the probate record is for a Widow so wont be your Winifred

Comment

Winifred Dorothy Bryant born 1912 married Ernest V Lewington in Edmonton by the way so not yours

Comment

Thanks, Val. I think perhaps she died or emigrated. She isn't essential to the rest of the tree but was having a last go to tie up a loose end. Many thanks for looking at those others.
                          Liz

Comment

I dont like loose ends either will have another look

Comment

Thanks, Val...
                              Liz

Comment

Working...
                              X