Merchant Navy Seamen 1835-1857

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchant Navy Seamen 1835-1857

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me please?

I've been searching Navy records because my distant Grandfather John Peacock was a Seaman, at least according to his marriage & a few Census records. I came across one matching most of his info in the Merchant Navy Seamen 1835-1857, BT 116 Collection on FMP but I'm afraid that his details are so small I can't really make out the information apart from his name & location.

Does anyone know of another site that could help me with this? I've tried Family Search & the National Archives website but I'm not having much luck with them either.
    Last edited by lennon2011; 07-11-14, 17:51.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

When I search for people in that collection on FMP and view the document it comes up with the option to enlarge the image. Are you not getting that?
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I'm enlarging as much as possible but I'm afraid the writing is still extremely small, even when using the computers magnifier. The only large parts are the names & birth locations :(

Comment

Which one is he? There are loads of them!

Are you sure he's Merchant Navy, rather than Royal Navy? Where and when was he born?
        Last edited by annswabey; 07-11-14, 19:15.
        The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
        Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

John Peacock, 1828, Stockton-On-Tees. I would have sent you the link Ann but I think that FMP ones are banned on here aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
            I would have sent you the link Ann but I think that FMP ones are banned on here aren't they?
            For future reference, no harm in putting up a link to FMP.
            Elaine

Comment

Working...
            X