FREE access to Findmypast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE access to Findmypast

... this weekend - 12:00 7th November to 12:00 10th of November (GMT)

This weekend we’re giving you FREE access to billions of records from all over the world, including all of our First World War records, so that everyone has the chance to trace their family this Remembrance weekend. From 12:00 7th November to 12:00 10th of November (GMT), you can explore our historical records completely free of charge. Build your free family tree and find out what your family were doing in World War 1 - and beyond.
    Elaine

Thanks for this Elaine. Some Shropshire parish records needing to do.

Comment

Thanks Elaine - much appreciated!
      Kind regards,
      William
      Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Thanks, Elaine......looking forward to this
        Jacky

Comment

Thanks! :o

Comment

Thank you Elaine - I would never have known otherwise
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

many thanks, I have some new names to research.
              Twiglet

Comment

Thanks Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, must make one of my rare excursions to FMP and see what they have to offer.
                    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Thanks Elaine - I will certainly make use of that offer- cheers
                      allan
                      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Thanks Elaine
                        Sue ;)

Comment

Thank you very much Elaine - thats my weekend sorted now
                          Angelina

Comment

Originally posted by angelina View Post
                            Thank you very much Elaine - thats my weekend sorted now
                            Well at least I know in advance that I need to find something else to do instead of using my paid for access. :(
                            Caroline
                            Caroline's Family History Pages
                            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                              Well at least I know in advance that I need to find something else to do instead of using my paid for access. :(
                              .. it's worldwide access, if you haven't already got it!
                              Elaine

Comment

You should find that you've been allocated an extra three days on your WorldWide sub. FMP have recognised that we'd be sort-of losing out.

Christine
                                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Saw this when I looked on the site

Free access is subject to our fair usage policy: each account may view up to a maximum of 1,000 records per day.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                                    You should find that you've been allocated an extra three days on your WorldWide sub. FMP have recognised that we'd be sort-of losing out.

Christine
                                    I'm not worried about that aspect - I'm a UK only subscriber with lots of world credits which sit there and never get used as there isn't anything useful for me as yet.

I am concerned whether the servers will cope with the heavy use. I don't have any problems with the speed of loading images etc. under "normal" conditions, but there have been constant complaints about speed even then from other users.
                                    Caroline
                                    Caroline's Family History Pages
                                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I am concerned whether the servers will cope with the heavy use..
                                      .. probably not! :(
                                      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
                                        Saw this when I looked on the site

Free access is subject to our fair usage policy: each account may view up to a maximum of 1,000 records per day.

Linda
                                        Jeez! I don't think I have 1,000 rellies and definitely not quick enough to look 1,000 records in a day anyway.
                                        Twiglet

Comment

Working...
                                        X