Western Times (Devon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Times (Devon)

I'm looking for an article from the Western Times, Mar 1960. Anyone have access, or know how to obtain?

Also, anyone know if the Crediton churchyard still has headstones form the 1800s?

Thanks!
    sarah

Sarah

For a newspaper of that period you are very unlikely to find anything on-line. Copies will probably be held by the Devon Records office, and maybe in some of the larger libraries in the county.

Alternatively copies are available in the new British Library Newsroom. I was there yesterday - a vast improvement on the old facility in Colindale.

If you know exactly what you are looking for then Devon will provide you with a copy ( Details here) . The problem is that searching newspapers, if the exact details aren't known can be a time consuming business which the archive staff won't do for you, so you will have to visit yourself, or get a researcher to do it for you.

Antony
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Find a grave lists 328 burials, but they are all 20C.
      Last edited by webwiz; 01-11-14, 15:56.
      People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
      Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Thanks, Antony & webwiz. I was hoping to avoid a charge! I do have the exact reference.
        sarah

Comment

Working...
        X